ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting calipers.....

S2 106 GTI
Since mine have now gone a rusty looking colour I'd thought I'd give them a paint... I'm going either black or an anthracite. But wondering which is the best paint to use?

As the local Halfords has some heat resistant paint on offer for using on manifolds and engine parts. Then there's caliper paint will there be any difference?

Been looking on tinterwed and there's loads of different company's. Just wanting to know if it's worth spending the money just for the advertised 'caliper paint' or can heat resistant paint do.

'Berg Sold, Cupra-R
I used a tin of Hammerite on mine, did the job spot on! Not sure about the caliper paint though....

Meg RS,172 and a dci
i got some paint off ebay which is advertised for calipers and engine paint so i would of thought that caliper paint and engine paint are pretty much the same?!

Italian 3.2 V6
i used halfords caliper paint. but its s**t as iv recently melted the paint so i wouldnt advise using their gear.

S2 106 GTI
I have searched or should I say seeeaaarrrccchhhh?! Reason I'm
Asking is I'm after personal opinions, what products they found good........ Isn't what a forum is about?!

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
I had mine painted with hammerite and not long after bought the DS2500 pads and had some bed-in sessions. the paint stayed there no problem. if it took that abuse than I suppose it's fine. painted them last summer and they're still fine

Golf GTD Mk7
hamerite is fine Rich. if you want to push the boat out though, get them cleaned and powder coated :approve: saying that, the calipers look s**t before and after painting. Just give them a once over with some smooth and they'll look "better"

S2 106 GTI
Yeah there just s**t looking - thought about going a brighter colour (red, silver) but don't think it will look nice, so going a dark colour

RS 182 CUP
ive used smooth red hammerite for a few cars calipers now, and its fine even when the cars had a thrashing, two coats is all you will need too.

or just google 'big red' they rebuild calipers and paint them a colour of your choice