ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting hubs what paint?

AG 200 CUP
Alright looking to paint the hubs on my 200 as they are rusty and making it look crap. Do you have to use high temperature paint for this? can anyone point me in the direction of the right paint just want black nothing jazzy lol and good quality!

Clio 172 (CUP)
Thread revival but on topic. Just debating using hammerite on my new hubs due to the direct-to-rust benefit. But mine is primarily track, sprint and maybe race use in the future (not daily/road) I hear concerning things about hammerite becoming tacky or possibly flinging when too hot (after all its spec is not suitable to constant high heat such as that of brakes). Has anyone any experience of hammerite on heavy track use on the hubs? I'm thinking of just rattle can vht etch priming plus vht top coat and just expecting they'll need re-doing in the next year or so when the rust returns. In advance thanks.

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
I've just sprayed mine with the Aldi metal spray paint in grey. Come out alright.
Also use the Aldi black paint to spray the metal dash bar thingy too.
£2.99 a can