ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting the calipers

2002 Clio Dynamic
Would help if you said what colour your clio was!

Best thing to do it to strip the brakes down,clean up the caliper and that,then paint it!
Wee bit more hassle than just painting them there on the hub but it will look better and last a lot longer!

Clio 172
I'm about to do this. Mike at Rentech kindly showed me how to get the calipers off. It's only two bolts on a 172. The pads then just unclip. Should be easy to work on then. You can get the paint from Halfords (Folia Tec) and that includes the cleaning liquid. Like others have said, get a wire brush too. The better your preparation and cleaning, the better the result. Red is the classic colour, but black or silver on your car would look good, and be a little different. Get all calipers off and prepared first, as the paint hardens very quickly, 2-4hours.
Doing mine next week when my car's off the road.