ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painting the inlet question & polishing

PH1_172
i want my inlet pipes to be shiney black through my engine covr on my 172 whats the best way to get a ggod finish on them and whats the best spray/paint to use, thanks

Also how to a polish my feul rail myself what stuff, tools do i need

thanks

Audi TT 225
Sand down the plenham starting with an 80 grit papaer working all the way through the grades to a 1200 to make sure its compleatly smooth or you wont get the desired finish. Use a high temp paint, not sure if you need a primer with that.

Same process for the fuel rail guard but buff then polish instead of paint

Audi TT 225
Yeah fuel rail guard is very easy, two 13mm bolts iirc

The plenham has about 7 bolts that secure it 10mm I think, and 4 to hold the throttle body on.
You'll need to replace the gasket between plenham and manifold, the rubber O ring underneath and the plenham to throttlebody gasket.
Take the coil pack off, unplug all sensors and the petrol tank vapor line. remove the idle control valve air hose and induction hose, take the TB off and undo the bolts it should just pop off.
Make sure it sits right when you put it back on or you'll get an air leak and your car will develop a crazy idle.