ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paintless Dent Removal

P

Paul Common 666

I posted up bout careless p***ks doing their best to destroy my car about a week ago. I've just had a guy round to quote me on the chipped paint on my front arch which is gonna cost me 80 smackers. So I've just visited my local reputable bodyshop about the dent, the PDR is gonna cost me £100!! Does this seem a fair price to you guys? Does anyone know of any good PDR companies/ppl in west midlands area? I'm not gonna rant on about car parks again but parking in them is gonna cost me £180 within the space of 2 weeks... £180 I could be spending on other things for my car, not repairing it because of careless, thoughtless, heartless, self minded fother muckers!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
theres a thread on here about removing dents yourself which im about to try. using a hairdryer and some co2 spray. im just waiting on the can of spray to arrive but its worth a go.

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
^ Best of luck with that - PDR is a real skill which takes ages to master. I'd surprised if you had any luck with a DIY attempt.

P

Paul Common 666

Yeah i can imagine, and I'd hope it is a skill if its gonna cost me £100 for a 2 inch dent! I prob would have a go though trouble is that its in a very awkward place, on the n/s/r quarter panel and I cant see a way of getting to it without stripping it! I wanted my car looking immaculate for this car show I'm goin to aswell :(

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
^ Best of luck with that - PDR is a real skill which takes ages to master. I'd surprised if you had any luck with a DIY attempt.

me too. the can of co2 spray only cost me 6 quid, and apparently its hit or miss.

it works through the metal contracting from hot to cold really fast and returning to original shape. (im no scientist).

ill post once ive tried it.

Punto/Clio GTT
i think the co2, in theory, would only work on large dents, as you got hardly any pressure on the outer rim of the dent, you could pop it out with your hand. whereas small dents have alot more pressure on them and i doubt very very much that you could get one out without massaging the back of it

P

Paul Common 666

^^^ or not! Just gotta a quote for £35 :approve: He's in Bridgenorth but I dont mind travelling if gonna save me 65 notes! Jobs a good un!

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
They'll probably do your rear panel dent from inside the car . I've been in a Renault dealership when a car's been done, guy was in the back seat, ripped the trim panel away, fixed the dent, popped the panel back and was drinking his coffee in 5 minutes.

P

Paul Common 666

Yeah thats what I thought they'de do, which is why I found £100 a little on the steep side! The guy said it would take him 15-20 mins.

a man from honda did mine for £40 quid, he did the whole car doing inpefections that even i couldnt see and iam fussy lol he does it every day for his job, so £100 is a joke lol

yeh he did the dent i rang him for, but he said he would look over the whole car for me and did some even i coulnt see or knew were there lol was £40 or £45 iirc lol