ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Panel filter...

Clio Campus Sport 1.2 16v
I had a cone induction kit on my 1.2 clio campus sport (06 plate) but the noise wasnt all that so i have gone back to a standard airbow; wanting to put a panel filter in but dont seem to be able to find one made for my engine!!

Could someone help?!

'05 182
I've just got a BMC panel filter on mine and the noise is not noticeable from inside the car, however if you have the windows down and boot it theres is a ever-so-slightly beefier noise but nothing special!

I had a cone induction kit on my 1.2 clio campus sport (06 plate) but the noise wasnt all that so i have gone back to a standard airbow; wanting to put a panel filter in but dont seem to be able to find one made for my engine!!

Could someone help?!

Can you define what you mean by "the noise wasnt all that" because I'm not sure you are going to get what you desire with a replacement panel.

Trophy 007
they do give a slight change in engine tone but nowt much, and small gain in power but again wont be hugely noticeable

Shed.

Could someone help?!

Is your standard filter the long thin one ? The engine should be the same as this..

DSC_0061.jpg

If it is, you need to buy a pannel filter for a mk3 1.2 16v. The mk2 ph2 1.2 16v filter is half the length. Ktec racing do a green cotton one, ill be buying one one day as ive got the same engine, and made the mistake of buying the mk2 pannel filter lol.

Pannel filters dont make any difference to the noise, and youll notice it loosen up VERY VERy slightly, and youll see it get to 80mph easier.

Try a pipercross viper.

Monaco Blue 172
sorry guys, just wondering is there much difference between K&N, pipercross & ITG panel filters??

K&N and pipercross is about 30-35 quid but a ITG is about 66-65 quid

but looking to see if there is any real difference in performance, noise and quality??

cheers

sorry guys, just wondering is there much difference between K&N, pipercross & ITG panel filters??

K&N and pipercross is about 30-35 quid but a ITG is about 66-65 quid

but looking to see if there is any real difference in performance, noise and quality??

cheers

lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
a pannel filters a pannel filter to be honest on these cars as its not like they flow massive ammounts of air anyway.

dont bother with ITG for it (ive got one in my 172 but doubt i could tell a difference between it or a pipercross or k&n etc)

just go for a pipercross thats what i had in mine iirc it was about the cheapest? at the time anyway

BMW E92/Audi S3
I've just got a BMC panel filter on mine and the noise is not noticeable from inside the car, however if you have the windows down and boot it theres is a ever-so-slightly beefier noise but nothing special!

Ditto and agree'd not much difference but there is a difference ;)