ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

panel removal

Hi all,

I asked before how difficult it was to remove panels for sound proofing and I am now wondering if Ill need any special tools to remove door cards/boot card etc...and how long will it take to say sound proof 1 door including removal etc... thanks muchly

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

nearly all the panels are cliped on, took 5 mins to take the door panel off

need star bolts for the bolts and thats it, what are u sould proofing with something like dynamat?

I think it will be dynamat yes...just wanted to know how long it would take as Im not great at DIY really, I nearly always forget to put something back in, strip a thread here or crack that etc :oops:

Removal of door trim, 30mins to 1 hours ( first time never goes according to plan and ambiguous manuals are unhelpfull.

Covering the entire door with 3 layers of lead flashing tape will take about 3 to 4 hours to do properly. Using a hair dryer and wallpaper roller as well as your hand. Make sure you heat up the tape after application and really work it onto the metal. The MOST important area to concentrate on is directly behind the speaker.

Refitting the door trim should take about 30 mins.

I would allow for one entire day to do the job properly.

so in a full weekend, i could probably do both doors with dynamat and run some wiring around the car (so when i get my amp i can just hook it up and go) hopefully