ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Papps Clio 182

Titanium Clio 182

7D3515F6-D394-43CF-96EA-DDD269B147C2_zps76o6csph.jpg

C13BA748-BA4C-4BF3-BEF3-A275E6EAEE2B_zpseyrkzrn5.jpg

898E370B-F447-433F-8884-9B7C385E405C_zpsbfmfs8iw.jpg

Introduction
Time to finally start my Clio 182 project thread. My names Luke Papps and I'm 19 years old. Iv owned this car for the last 8 months now. Originally brought in September, 1 month before my first year of driving was up.

I owned two clio 1.2s in my first year of driving, both in different styles of blue.
Light blue and dark blue.
Wrote my first one off being a typical 17 year old idiot drifting in the rain, hit a ditch and rolled it twice. Came out with out a scratch, but it's safe to say I'm leaving the handbrake along now. (Lift off on the other hand.....)

Buying The Car
It was August when I started looking for another car to replace my boring clio 1.2.
I looked at 320D BMWs and golf TDIs, because at the time I was planning on working long distance. My plans changed in September and it turned out I wouldn't need a economical car. So straight away I hit up autotrader and confused.com and tried to find a car I wanted. Looked at lot of differnt cars, a lot of them way out of my current insurance price range.
Then one day at work I saw a Blue clio 182.
And decided to see what kind of car they were like. Surprise surprise it fitted perfectly into something I wanted, cheap and fast. I quickly spoke to a local friend who had owned many many cars in his time. From fiestas to evos to ford cosworths. And he told me about how he would go back to his clio Williams if he could, perfect road car, handles, quick and fun. So I started looking round for one. And this one came up. Alloys were wrecked, and the wing was cracked. But for the price he was asking. I snapped it up. So in September 2014 I became the owner.

November 2014
After waiting 2 months to insure the car and drive. I came across my first of many problems with the car. French reliability is joked about for a reason. A fuel injector has popped on my car. It was fun using 150 miles taking my friends to macdonalds 15mins down the road.

December 2014
First exhaust problem, having had some fun with a corsa vxr on my way to college, I heard this clunk, and my exhaust became super loud. Great. Blown exhaust? Or so I thought, took it to a local garage, they couldn't work it out. Took it to another. They didn't know. Took it to a 3rd and they knew. My cat had come away from the manifold. So I was running straight out the manifold.
15 quid later I was fixed. Or so I thought. Turned out my exhaust had blown aswell.
Good excuse to buy a new one :)

January 2015
Fitted the scorpion 192 exhaust.
Bring on the noise!
For those of you asking why I choice that one. It's because it wasn't super loud and its exhaust note sounded the best to me.

March 2015
Fitted fattys custom induction with a friend of mine, fairly straight forward mod. Anyway could do it :)

April 2015
My car was sounding like a tractor so I decided to get the cam belt and Dephaser done. Not a bad price. If anyone has had both done for less then 410 including parts let me know. Pretty sure that's a smashing good price. I decided that there was something wrong with my car because my exhaust tips were very black and fuel economy was down. Thought it may need a remap. Took it to @Dan@SJM to have it checked out. Turns out it was a o2sensor being faulty. So straight away had that replaced. He also fitted my decat for me and mapped my car. Perfect service from a guy that knows everything you need to know about RS clios. A great down to earth guy aswell.

And that's the history of my car. Not much left to do, now the engines done it's just the outside now.
Alloys
Springs
Brakes
Cracked offside wing
Splitter

Overview

History:
Brought, September 2014
Fuel injector, November 2014
Scorpion 192, January 2015
Induction, March 2015
Cam and Dephaser, April 2015
Remap, decat and O2, April 2015

Current spec:
Scorpion 192 and decat
Induction cone custom set up

Future stuff to do:
Alloys
Offside wing
Springs
Brakes
Splitter

And then she's done.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I looked at the second pic and instantly thought 's**t, what's wrong now', lol.

Car looks nice