ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parada's Vs PE2s

Opinions please. Due (yet another) set of fronts on the 182 and so far have kept putting the PE2's on because ive been happy with them. Considering the yoko's but dont want to fork out for a pair and hate them, one of the things i like about the PE2s is the grip in the wet, something the yoko's are normally slated for. Anyone who's had both give me some idea of the merits of each when compared, ta.

320d
I've got paradas spec2's love them in the dry, ok in the wet but i've never tried PE2's

I know Gdi have paradas on there black 182 test car, i'd imagine they'ed give you a good balanced comparison on the merits of each

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
PE2 far to expensive. Spec 2's last 5mins and are HORRIFIC in the wet.

New Avon ZV3's are brilliant on and off track.

Yoko's dogshit in the wet? hhhhmmm same old story then and probably much the same as the toyos ive had in the past then.

VaVa
I'm still on my first set of PE2's.... tbh I'm yet to see what all the fuss is about... but they're more confidence inspiring that the A539's I had before!

Lionel Richie
the Parada's are awesome in the dry, a hard tyre to better, other than going for a road legal cut slick

in the wet? don't drive like a muppet, job done

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
FredYozzasport said:
the Parada's are awesome in the dry, a hard tyre to better, other than going for a road legal cut slick

in the wet? don't drive like a muppet, job done

In principle i totally argee. But if the inevitable should happen like a Big puddle, someone stoppin in front of you....A decent set of tyre means the difference between stopping and bein field bound!!!

Must admit I have to agree with Ali, I dont drive like a penis in the wet but that doesnt mean i want to get caught out by tyres that are w**k in the wet in the event i need more grip than they can offer me. The toyo's i had on the 172 were sketchy as f**k in the wet and the nose always felt nervous going into roundabouts when the road was anything other than bone dry.

paradas are not half as bad as people are making out in the wet.

They wont be ice lolly wheels in the wet or on emergency stops.

i'm a yokoholic.........cheap, grip like buggery.

And teach you how to drive a hero in the wet...lol

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
I stick with PE2s cos of the milage I do, need them to last! But when they were all worn could really tell and it was sliding all over the shop.

And being on 15s it makes them not too pricey, £50 a corner last time.

Rich said:
Not tempted by F1's Si?

not sure tbh, looks like its going to be one of those questions that splits opinion, only way ill find out is to take the plunge myself and see what i get on with by the looks of it.

EK9 + Mfactory gearing..
i have the spec 2 also (previously a539), done one trackday with them, dry grip is excellent, i find them plenty capable in the wet (£75 each 205/45/16). unfortunately not tried the michelins.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I've only run the Goodyear F1's on my track wheels, but in comparison with the PE2's on the same day i'd say they were pretty much equally as good for dry grip, although the PE2's make more noise.

On a wet trackday the F1's although still excellent fell short of the grip the PE2's offer. I like the F1's but I'd only choose them over the PE2's if they were a fair bit cheaper.

193 mk2
why not try something different like the Vredestein Ultrac, these are supposed to be really good!

Ali said:
PE2 far to expensive. Spec 2's last 5mins and are HORRIFIC in the wet.

New Avon ZV3's are brilliant on and off track.

lol theyre not the best in the wet but dunno where the 5 mins bit has come from.. im guessing youve not ran a set before?

i fitte dmine at about 14k miles, (full set of 4, ditched the PE2's for them) gets alot of hard driving, and did a FULL trackday, now on 28k and the fronts are about ready for replacing.

theyre a quiter tyre to drive on, they dont just squeel and slide round corners like the pe2's, they look awesome, have great grip in the dry, not bad in the wet but i tend to take it easish in the wet anyway and they seem to last just as long.