ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parrot MK bluetooth fit = dimmer clock?

A.N. Other
I fitted a Parrot MKi9200 bluetooth device to the stereo recently, and noticed that the clock & temp. displays are dimmer.

Really can't be bothered to put in dedicated power wiring, just wondering if this happened to anyone else?

BG 182 FF
Shouldn't happen (not happened on mine)

Have you connected the mute wire into the wrong feed perhaps. The mute wire doesnt need connecting, works correctly without it.

Definately no need for dedicated wiring.

A.N. Other
I think plugged the mute cable directly into my Alpine HU's phone interrupt input.
I remember realising the Parrot mute cables went to either nothing or to a power feed on the iso connector.

Clio 197
Shouldn't need to do any splicing or anything, it is just plug & play, you may need to add in the mute wire if you so desire. There should be no dimming with the lighting.

A.N. Other
Maybe there's just a cack earth somewhere then, or i've caught the car loom & the pin isn't connected tight - pants!

Where do people tend to mount the blue control box? I squeezed it in behind the fan controls, above the removable panel.

A.N. Other
I thought i'd update this thread for the sake of it - accidently nudged the clock display on the buttons & the numbers came up as bright as before. Must've been a loose connection for the bulb or connector, etc. :)