ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Partition on my Hard drive

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
My laptop has partitioned the hard drive into a (C) which is the main one which is almost full and a (D) drive which is empty.

Only things in the (C) drive run automatically and things auto save into this. I would quiet like to play the new C&C game on it but there isnt enough space on the (C) but theres s**t loads in the (D).

i can install the whole game into the (D) but i have to open up the drive and run it from there not jus put the disk in and it auto plays.

How can i get rid of the partition and put them back together. The (D) is called acerdata where the (C) is jus called acer.

Anyone know what i am talking about and can help please ?????

:D

Fiesta Zetec S
Right Click on My Computer then click on Manage. Click on Disk Management. Right Click on the Unwanted Partition and Delete it :D

Download 'Partition Magic' and merge the partitions.

BTW: Make sure there isnt any hidden files on that partition. They may have put all the system restore file on it instead of supplying you with a CD.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
it says the (D) drive is an extended partition. can i jus get rid of that. its 99% empty so nothing in it.

If your sure its 99% empty delete it.

I suggested partition magic as you click several icons and it does it all for you. IIRC it may even copy any data to the new 100% disk partition.

I just remembered when I had my first 'bought' pc IBM stuck all the restore stuff on a hidden partition.

Fiesta Zetec S
You souldnt need it then! Make sure that there isnt any files whatsoever on there and you can delete it!

Fiesta Zetec S
Ive seen some Laptops with 3-4 Partitons on them each with different stuff on them, The Backup ones are usually called Backup though!

Fiesta Zetec S
Check for hidden folders...Tools>Folder Options>View Show hidden files and folders. If there is nothing in there your ok!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
well in the empty drive there is one folder, in it is a note pad document with jus s**t loads of codes on it, an MSOcache folder and some find fast index's it says its 99% empty.

all my system restore is in my folder thats 85% full.

Is there no way to put all that stuff in the normal drive or to join them together so i can use the space.

I think you can 'buy' it ;) . I think I have PM 8 on my machine. I cant remember because I'm at work and I've not used my windows machine at home for ages.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
yeah cool i just downloaded to trial of that, i can easily remove the partition.

surely even though there are folders are the partitioned drive when i get rid of it they will jus be transfered into the new larger drive like the two drives joined, or is that not wat happens.

cheers for the help.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
theres a re-distribute free space option, maybe i can just put all that free space from the (D) to the ful up (C).

am scared to press anything just incase i am wrong haha

CTR--VX220D
cant you just manually copy the files from the D to the C - then right click on the D drive in 'disk management' then delete it.

You can recreate a D drive partition in 'disk management' but just give it a small amount of space and copy the files back into it - if you need to.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Why delete the partition to recreate it???

You need proper disk management software, either illegally download it or purchase a copy at your local outlet, PartitionMagic comes fairly recommended. You want to delete the Extended and Logical partitions, and extend the Primary partition to fill the disk. That lot will probably take an hour or so, so don't do it with it on battery for the love of god!