ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parts discontinued by Renault

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Ok so mk1&2 clio owners have this issue, so I was thinking of making a list of parts that we know renault stopped producing for these cars, maybe it'll be useful if updated constantly.
So after my most recent visit to the dealer:
Rear abs sensors for 172/182 are no longer available from Renault
Feel free to add to this list
P. S:wonder how a Williams owner finds parts!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
If I recall correctly, the rear brake lines are no longer made for the 182. Assume they would be similar for 172? Someone with more knowledge will be able to confirm :)

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
5th gear selector ring for the JC5.. don't ask me how i know.
😂😂
0A56C770-DFBC-4642-B09B-60B56D7A6B9E.jpeg

Hyperhatch

ClioSport Club Member
If I recall correctly, the rear brake lines are no longer made for the 182. Assume they would be similar for 172? Someone with more knowledge will be able to confirm :)

If you’re talking about the hard lines across the beam then they’re both still available from Renault. I had to get the OSR one and it was with me the follow day.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
As hyper hatch says, you can still get these. I bought a set last week.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

Plenty in this thread.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
Do they still make complete engines or at least cranks /pistons /cams etc?
Fortunately there are aftermarket options for these but sad to see that gearbox parts start to go away..

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
As hyper hatch says, you can still get these. I bought a set last week.
Oops my bad! I think I recall watching a thread on replacing the lines and they mentioned not to break them as they're not available anymore. Shows how much I pay attention 🤣

Westfield, 182, 200
It's worth phoning around.
I needed a front spring for my 197, RPD said they're on back order, but Wolverhampton had one in stock.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Interesting thread to keep an eye on, I'm finding a lot of stuff is now becoming NLA for the ph1, Some stuff has for a while now though.
F1 center caps
Throttle cables! Thankfully I Stocked up on these as I had a hunch they would become nla soon.

172 Cup definatley and maybe other 172/182 original springs? Response I got was so many people go aftermarket Renault stopped making them few years ago.

I only needed them as race in standard class so have to be OEM (or pattern) but seems that otherwise people don't really seem bothered about originality even future classic/concours types might warrant. I guess if 90%+ Clio enthusiasts modified them originality doesnt add much value?

Leo182

ClioSport Club Member
  Blk/Gld 182 Cupped
Good thread this, still need handbrake cables as I am running on one but not got round to sorting one yet.

Keep hearing the ECP ones don't fit.

Renault Clio RS 182
Good thread. I just discovered the 182 PAS pump is no longer available. Anyone able to recommend somebody good who rebuilds them for a reasonable price ?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
QUOTE="JamesBryan, post: 11837718, member: 44780"]
They have them custom made and nearly 3 times the price they were when Renault supplied them.
[/QUOTE]

George at RTR then

Clio 172 ph1
Interesting thread to keep an eye on, I'm finding a lot of stuff is now becoming NLA for the ph1, Some stuff has for a while now though.
F1 center caps
Throttle cables! Thankfully I Stocked up on these as I had a hunch they would become nla soon.

Don't fancy selling one on those cables do you stu?

mini cooper s
If you’re talking about the hard lines across the beam then they’re both still available from Renault. I had to get the OSR one and it was with me the follow day.

Resurrection...
I am looking for a 172 NSR brake line but they do appear to have been discontinued now. Any clue as to a suitable substitute or other such suggestions warmly received!

mini cooper s
Just off with Renparts who said people normally get them fabricated themselves nowadays. Wouldn’t have a clue where to start with that... just take the old one to some local hose fabricator? I’m in south Manchester in case anyone has some pointers

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
I had this problem 18 months ago, went for the proline kit mentioned above in black.
After that though there was a few people saying they could still get them, but quite a few well known parts suppliers on here all said NLA

I've never had the time to do them on my car but the 2 rear lines could easily be remade to look identical to the originals but in stainless steel with proper braided hoses.

If anybody has got a set in good condition I could borrow for a week or so I could look at making a set. I hate seeing big lengths of braided hose where there should be hardlines 🤢