ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Parts for turbo build

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Evening chaps
This year/next year I'm planning to do a low pressure turbo conversion on my cup and just want a bit of advice about parts as my birthday is on it's way and what could make me happier than clio bits. I'm doing to do it all myself.

Spec I'm going for
t25/28 turbo
r26 injectors
ED intercooler kit
The standard log manifold everyone has
Helix (road padel clutch) 70-5117
AEM FIC-6
Lightened flywheel (may as well do at same time as clutch)
ED Oil feed
Walbro 255 FP
PH1 fuel set up
K-Nuts for bolting turbo to exhaust
Nimbus headshield
Megane 225

Advice I need.
  • What studs are people using in the turbo and exhaust manifold. I can't find any info on that.
  • Is a BOV required and if so how can I make it recirc. I don't want pssshhttt noises.
  • What's the rough cost of getting a downpipe fabricated between the turbo and catback. If it's a lot I'll just buy the ED one. Need to weigh up the costs.
  • How is the 1/2 hose tail fitting attached to the block and do you have to take the sump off?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
@punk_rallye got a link to something or is it as simple as a flanged SS nut? Just don't want to have to keep doing the buggers up as it seems to be a common problem.

@masekwm My bad typing. I had the initial downpipe down as TRW but the linkpipe for 182 manifold as ED. Is the shipping dear? 150 for the down pipe is pretty good.

172 Turbo
All three bits, inter cooler kit and boost pipes, down pipes and manifold was €100 shipping.

If you email them first and say you're buying all three they include the air intake too

That down pipe from TRW will need bracing (unless they have updated it and now included the brace)

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
That down pipe from TRW will need bracing (unless they have updated it and now included the brace)
Is it the turbo weight which needs supporting? Just needs a bracket welding to the pipe and attaching to the block does it?

Joah

ClioSport Club Member
I think its been said before on here not to bother with the lightened flywheel on a boosted car as it builds the boost better with the standard one - may save you some pennies.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I think its been said before on here not to bother with the lightened flywheel on a boosted car as it builds the boost better with the standard one - may save you some pennies.
I've been discussing this with @AlexW. There is so much debate about this on the net! Still can't work out whether it's a good idea or not. Technically exhaust energy shouldn't change! Maybe a separate thread required for that one!