ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS or Electric Steering on a f4r Mk1

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Hello all,

I want to run PAS or electric steering on my mk1 f4r, I've been told the hard pipes on the valver rack will get in the way of the downpipe, sooo I wanted to know if anyone else had managed to keep pas or use leccy steering on a mk1 f4r

Cheers

Craig

Clio 172, BMW Mini
if you go the electric route I have a Corsa C variable Column from a low mileage 2005 car, and a manual controller I bought from a guy that makes them in Ireland, it plugs in to the port where the speed sensor would go, and has a control you mount in the dash somewhere, and you can dial in the amount of assistance you want, I bought it to fit to a Peugeot 205, for road rallying, but ended up selling the car again as it needed to much work. Cheers Chris

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
No need to use a corsa c one mate. You can use the Clio dci one which bolts straight in ( I've installed it in my car - so I 100% know) and you can buy a control box for it off eBay.
Saves having to fabricate mounts to fit the corsa c column.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mk1 has no power steering, it doesn't need it IMO.

It's lighter than my mk2 Orion!