ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PAS return line-- how do i remove it?

clio 172
Im getting a new return line for my 172, I've had enough whining! Anyway, the shop that's making me the new PAS line told me to bring in my old one and they'll take it from there (basically I'll just make it wider and round out the bends). Anyway, anyone got a pic of exactly where to undo the freaking line?? Any help is much appreciated!

Artic 182
I just had mine replaced. The part was £119 from renault!

Its a bloody bugger to remove/fit.

Is it not your pump thats whining?

clio 172
I just had mine replaced. The part was £119 from renault!

Its a bloody bugger to remove/fit.

Is it not your pump thats whining?

yes, the pump is whining for sure. I'm just hoping this will quiet it down a bit. A mate owns a trophy (and you thought it was only a UK edition, right?) at it's a lot more quiet than mine. Another mate with a 172 is just as loud as mine. I mean, it wont drown the engine sound, but from what i've gathered here at cliosport, the original line is quite restrictive.

clio 172
the return line? just 2 hose clips a 1 bolt on the rad

Sorted. There´s another line from the rack to the reservoir whick looks pretty tight, restrictionwise. Is that the one that I should be replacing instead of the larger one, or both? I mean, which one of those 2 lines is the restriction that causes all that whining?

clio 172
i doubt its the pipes that are the issues, usually the pump

I've read here that one common problem is a noisy PS caused by the restrictive PAS return line, which renault improved on the 182 and replaced as warranty work on the 172. The PSS feels ok, it's not getting gradually louder or anything, it wont drown the engine sound, the steering hasnt been getting heavier or anything like that, it's your regular clio-PS-sound-while-turning that I wanna get rid of.