ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pass Plus £50

A guy I know did his Pass Plus last week..............it normally costs £150 but round here the council pay 2/3s which left him to pay just £50 and when he produces the certificate he gets a 20% (£240) refund on his insurance............well worth young driviers thinking about.

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 26 June 2005 at 3:51pm]

tiTTy & SV650

do all insurance companies recognise it? Elephant dont mention it on their site do they? or is under license type? i.e. UK Full Pass Plus?

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 26 June 2005

do all insurance companies recognise it? Elephant dont mention it on their site do they? or is under license type? i.e. UK Full Pass Plus?
Its under license type mate.

I did it cost me £90 and got £220 of my insurance when I was 17. Well worth it.

Cheers

No it isnt a license type Rory you just get a certificate which you send to the insurance company.................who then give you the refund.

Most dont mention it.............yo have to.

And I think most if not all companies do recognise Pass Pluss and offer a discount for it.

Cya Stu

PS dif of opinion here about the license.............Id go along with AdzC cause hes done it.................either way its money saved eh.

[Edited by stusV6 on 26 June 2005 at 4:01pm]

[Edited by stusV6 on 26 June 2005 at 4:02pm]

On the Elephant site (and many others) it IS under license type "Full UK with Pass Plus" and each certificate has a unique reference which I quoted to the insurance company before sending them a copy of the certificate.

The Pass Plus isnt actually anything shown on your licence though just further training if you will.

As far as I am aware it is only valid for 1 or 2 years but I felt that the course gave me much more confidence to drive on the motorway and also around rural country lanes. Which is always good.

Cheers

[Edited by AdzC on 26 June 2005 at 4:04pm]

remember passplus discounts only work if you have had your license for < 1 year and some will not take it into account for the 172!

You can only ask though JK...............and with the council paying 2/3s (£100) and the insurance company are back dating it ie he pays the full amount then gets a refund when he has completed Pass Plus...........its worth thinkig about.

Cya Stu

pass plus works for 2 years, i.e 2 years from you passing your test and obtaining the certificate (which i think u have to do within 6 months of passing!)

i went under my dads name for a year, but got my pass pluss, about 4 months after passing my test, only cost me £50 coz my instructor new i was good for it and said i didnt need to take any extra lessons, bargin!

ASDA(/Norwhich union) said that the certficate was vaild up until two years after obtaining it, and was approx he same discount as 1 years no claims.

Well worth the money!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member

Well worth doing.

Think mine cost me £100, and consisted of 3, 2 hour drives under different conditions with my insrtuctor.

The first was a day time drive round motorways, A nd B Roads.

The Second was a drive round in the rain on the above.

The Third was a night time drive through all the roads etc. Mine was up the motorway from Notts to Sheffield and then back the A/B road way.

Pretty good, and saved me £350 on My insurance.

Most INS companies accept it for younger drivers, shows that you have done your best to preapre for all road types / conditions etc.

So to all the young uns out there..............its worth doing................and if the council pays 2/3s then its even better eh :D

Cya Stu

so all you do is go through on motarways, might have to consider it, been driving for 5 months tho, is that too late. is this course boring. hehe.

Saphire Cosworth

You can do it at any time - after driving ten years if you like. - i tends not to be worth it after the first two years cos the no-claims gives you more discount. - anyone in the bedford area wants it - my dads a driving instructor. Wonder if ebay.................

Quote: Originally posted by cliobon on 27 June 2005

so all you do is go through on motarways, might have to consider it, been driving for 5 months tho, is that too late. is this course boring. hehe.

Well up here they drove from Dundee to Edinburgh (45miles) and spent a hour or so driving round Edinburgh then came back and that was that.

Cya Stu

PS call your insurance company and find out if the recognise it and see if they will give you the refund after you have done it..........as in the case I mentioned thats what happened.

[Edited by stusV6 on 28 June 2005 at 7:38am]

But thats what you would be doing Daz.............with the bonus of giving these insurance monkeys LESS money eh................win win :D

Cya Stu

Astra coupe

Quote: Originally posted by rory182 on 26 June 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">I think maybe im confusing it with IAM certificate....

some insurance companies dont recognise that, my dad did it a while back and directline dont recognise it as anything worthy of reduced premium