ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger side wiper hits my pillar..?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
I thought it was because I had the wrong size wiper blades but it still does it..

When it's raining and the wipers go faster than normal, they go off the windscreen and if fast enough, round the side of the car. It's scratched my car and it's really annoying.

Are they easy to adjust? Would I just take the wiper arm off and put it back on in a different position?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Take the cap off, 13mm bolt, loosen it, move it to the edge of the windscreen. Tighten. DONE.

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Been a while but tried moving it last weekend and it won't go any lower because it hits the other wiper then. :s

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
happened on mine mate, its a fault with the linkages, mine was covered under warrenty, get it done soon as though because all the paint came off my pillar and the linkage just snapped in the end, was stuck 4 hours from home, on my own at the side of the road in the pissin down rain! lol

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Think I've got a warranty with the garage I'll go check have a word at the weekend (it's a small local one who apparently slated my car and said I've ruined it with the things I've done -.- ).

How long would it take roughly?

Full Fat 182
Mines doing this and having had the nut off there is a lot of play in the spindle, tightening the nut does nothing - I have a feeling the spline has corroded and worn. As with a lot of people, I'm struggling to get the wiper arm off but before I try again what is the fix? Is the spline permanently attached to the motor spindle in which case it's a new motor job?

Help, as always, is greatly appreciated