ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

passenger side xenon bulb died?

Clio 182 cup
started car up this afternoon...and noticed the headlight wasn't working which was really random i thought that the xenons were lifetime bulbs obviously not lol does anyone know where to get cheap bulbs from?

chris

Clio 182 Cup
Bulbs are relatively simple to change, its a bumper off job, takes about 20 minutes.. Better off buyin 2 bulbs from ebay for colour match, standard bulbs are 4000k d2s

Clio 182 cup
Bumper off job thought it would be a quick change over I've already ordered a single bulb from.eBay

You'd of been better checking it was the bulb before buying one. IMO, if its just stopped working it wont be the bulb, they go pink before they die.

Either your ballast has died (which is common) or the igniter has become disconnected or even broke (which is uncommon).

Best way to test would have been to take the bumper off and swap the ballasts over and see if the issue still occurs. Repeat for the igniter/bulb.

Clio 182 cup
You'd of been better checking it was the bulb before buying one. IMO, if its just stopped working it wont be the bulb, they go pink before they die.

Either your ballast has died (which is common) or the igniter has become disconnected or even broke (which is uncommon).

Best way to test would have been to take the bumper off and swap the ballasts over and see if the issue still occurs. Repeat for the igniter/bulb.

to be honest dont think its the bulb, cause it actually came back on for a bit for a couple of days and now its gone off again...bad connection maybe?

Check the igniter cable is connected properly. They come loose quite easily. Ballast could be on its way out due to the cold weather.

I have exactly the same problem :( , i repalced the bulb and the ballest (if thats the black box that clicks onto the bulb) and it worked for a few days and its gone again now.

Anyone have any idea what else i could try?

I have exactly the same problem :( , i repalced the bulb and the ballest (if thats the black box that clicks onto the bulb) and it worked for a few days and its gone again now.

Anyone have any idea what else i could try?

That's the igniter you replaced.

The ballast is located under the headlight.

CLIO 172 2003
just spent 2 hours last night replacing my bulb, water had got up into the ignighter and caused it to fail, once it dried out it was ok, but as with the joys of owning a renault, the headlight adjuster managed to snap while i was replacing the bulb..

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got this problem aswell. Passenger side wasn't working this morning so I had a look and it was f**king soacking wet. The rubber cover was off a bit and the water had got it.

Once it dries will it work again or will I need to replace something? That's.

Clio 182 cup
still got problems guys....replaced bulb and igniter and still not working any ideas what it might be fuse box or something?

chris

Audi A3
have you tried swapping entire headlight units over to see if its the wiring or any parts of the unit (bulb ballast etc)

ive done this and then determined from that that its the wiring at fault

Clio 182 cup
yeah just managed to get round to it today...and it had no effect at all still got the same problem

Audi A3
i took mine to renault at first and they wanted £192 just to find the wiring problem.

took the longer trip to birchdown and they fixed it and my washer jets for £105! said a wire had corroded and now its fine

Ph2 Flamer
If both are not working check your fuse box. In the wet it's common for moisture to get in and cause problems with the ignition, it may be some water has caused a fuse to trip.
If it's not that then your best to whip both lamps off, take em in the house (airing cupboard overnight is good) just to make sure any water is dried out. Then plug one in and test that then use the other one to swap over the ballast and then the igniter to check if they are working (obviously make sure your bulbs look ok first).
If it's neither of those things then as Garyf above you need someone who knows what they are doing to work out whats wrong. For both to be dead though sounds like one point of failure which should hopefully be the fuse....