ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger window goes down but won't come back up?

120d M Sport
As per the title guys,

Put my passenger side window down this morning and when I flicked the switch up, it just made a noise like it was trying to do something, but wouldn't. After a cold drive to work ive managed to pull the window up with my hands so that it's at least shut. The thing will still go down but then I can't get it to come back up.

What could this be? Im thinking window regulator?

Your help and advise is valued as always!

Alex

clio 172 phs 1
Yup most probably the cable clips have broken and the cables wrapped round the motor.....you can buy repair kit for £20 nowadays.....

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Window reg my man.

£30 from Renparts, bit fidly but nothing to a man of your calibre.. ;)

The plastic triangular clip that goes through the window is usually to blame iirc.

Also, the tiger seal holding the plastic on is a bit of a pain to pull back almost to the point where you think you missed a screw holding it on lol... Two flat screw drivers wrapped in towells and lever off.... X