ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mégane 225 cup window problems again ?

Ford
I know this is a clio forum but I follow this a lot more due to the activity, rather than the inactivity on the Mégane forum. I had my window regulators replaced 4 weeks ago, driven it the same day and it was spot on. Fast forward 4 weeks and had a knock at the door this morning to be informed that my passenger side window was down (it was honking down too). I took the key out, put it in the ignition and tried the switch... Nothing, even the drivers window wouldn't drop. Sheeted the window over and by chance thought I'd try it again, and all back to normal but left the sheet in case it came down whilst I was out. Came home and it's down again. No chance of it going up and the drivers window is also jerking all the way down and on the way up again. Disconnected the battery then re connected, checked fuses and they are all ok, if anyone could point me in the right direction I would be very greatful, it's cost me a fortune and took months to get it sorted and now this happens and I'm slowly losing patience with it.

Jack

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
When I had an R26 a few years back both my window regulators failed within about a month of each other.

Total dog s**t design and allows the ingress of water which doesn’t help plus it’s a feeble component as well. Sounds like you’ve tried everything you can, I’d be getting it back to whoever has done the work?! Assuming Renault?

They were at one point honouring about 75% of the cost of replacing them as it was a recognised issue...

Ford
I'll take it the garage I had the part swapped at, long story short, Renault wanted £260 for one side, the side which was broken, I found a seller on eBay that would order the part for £130 assuring me it would fit, it turned up and didn't fit, got a partial refund on it so lost about £35 and then bought a whole regulator/motor with the cables as it was the cables that originally snapped/ stopped winding the window. That took ages as he didn't send it for nearly a month, in the mean time I've had a garage strip the door for me to fit the original part and then rebuild the door so that cost me a fair bit in labour. The final fix was when said part turned up I took it to another garage and got a call to say it wasn't quite right but they could try and make one out of the original which I was happy with and the window was working as good as it had originally. The motor still works in the windows and the cables still operate when it wants too, my grandad suggested it might be the relays for the windows does this sound likely?

Ford
Thanks Matt I've saved that to my account in case I need it, is this the part that sends power to the motor?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Temec module is knackered. Happened to me recently, double locked on total closure and window went down instead of up! Would not go up, had to strip the doorcard off and wedge glass up. No corrosion in the wiring plugs or nothing, module just broken.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
yeah it controls the 1 touch and the stop if you put your fingers in the way when going up

dont go for the cubes on ebay though

Ford
Such a pain in the ar*e. Love the car but it's become my secondary car now and since I've stopped using it every day it's getting problems ?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Such a pain in the ar*e. Love the car but it's become my secondary car now and since I've stopped using it every day it's getting problems ?

They do have a hissy fit when parked up. The temec broke on ours when it had not been out, the garage for 6 month, first night out and the window fecking sticks down !

Ford
They do have a hissy fit when parked up. The temec broke on ours when it had not been out, the garage for 6 month, first night out and the window fecking sticks down !
I'm gonna have to make sure I use it at the weekend or a few evenings in that case, sods luck isn't it! I've never had a problem with the electrics until this window went a few months ago and even then it was the cabling, looks like a catalyst for more... Bloody thing