ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Passenger Window :(

Golf GTD Mk7
Tried to put it down tonight and nothing? both drivers side and passenger buttons do nothing. Furthermore, the drivers side switch doesn't click when you pull it up and feels like it's on the way out.

Regulator maybe? or is there a fuse for each window? (it is a renault after all ;))

More poke than viagr
My drivers window has broken, makes like a crushing noise when you press the button. Bloody annoying cos its so fiddly back there to even have a look at anything.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If its just the motor/mech these are the same on all mk2 clios

Although I warn you, trying to change a mech is difficult. So a full setup is easier.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't believe the mk1 is the same, but I couldnt say for sure....

Oh and James, pass being slower is quite common due to the way they are wired (pure genius)

Oil Burner
My drivers window started crunching when the cable had come off the reel. It took me maybe 3 hours to take off the door card, take the mech off and re-wind it and replace it. The door even rattled less afterwards (which is a result when it comes to taking anything renault apart)

Golf GTD Mk7
f0xy said:
Mk1 is not the same from what I remember, door is a different shape/design so I highly doubt it

Worth a shot ;)

Presume the later clios from ph1 up will be the same?

Golf GTD Mk7
Robbos said:

Ok nice one. I'll have to see what I can find

Thought it might be water related. Got water in the window buttons on the drivers side. Could it not have shorted something?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Could have indeed, if it is just the motor you have broken, not the wire/mech I have two motors that can be re-cabled by yourself. Will do them cheap.

Golf GTD Mk7
Robbos said:
Could have indeed, if it is just the motor you have broken, not the wire/mech I have two motors that can be re-cabled by yourself. Will do them cheap.

How would infind out which one it is ?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Take off the door card, see whats going on, if the cable is all mangled up, remove the mech and check the motor still spins, if the mech looks fine, but motor doesnt spin when you press switch, first try a different switch, then try a different motor.

Golf GTD Mk7
Take off the door card, see whats going on, if the cable is all mangled up, remove the mech and check the motor still spins, if the mech looks fine, but motor doesnt spin when you press switch, first try a different switch, then try a different motor.

Thanks, i'll give that a go and see what happens. :)