ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paul Walker Sticker Fitted :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I've got 2 small stickers on the way,
I wouldn't have bothered if a quid from each sale wasn't going to his charity.

Not that i'm morning him as such, I didn't know the man and to me he's just an actor,
but I like the F&F films, so having one of the better quotes as a sticker is just a bit of fun.

Same, I got a couple and put them up in the garage

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah but is he not mostly remembered for his F&F work? So would it not be a good reminder to quote a classic line from the film to remember him.

So quote the character, like I said, if its the character you remember not the actor, if its the actor then quote something he actually said as himself not cause he was reading from a script written by someone else.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I was was going to use 'love, I'm off down the shops' which was actually said by him and not his character but preferred this one.

LOL, I was going with 'We've ran out of toilet paper', again said by the actor not his character,
but they'd ran out so I had to go with the other one.

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
Does it really hurt though? Lol.
Not really no..

But it hurts as much as this

000ff.jpg

that quote above is to paul walker what this clio is, to a V6.. It just isnt

172 Rally Car
So quote the character, like I said, if its the character you remember not the actor, if its the actor then quote something he actually said as himself not cause he was reading from a script written by someone else.

Thats not the way it works though is it - the terminator said "I'll be back" but it's arnie that's remembered for it

And "you feeling lucky punk?" will always be Clint Eastwood (although I'm not even sure he said it lol!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member

I really fail to see what the problem is. He is best known for playing Brian, the quote is something he said in the film and people understandably choose to associate Paul with that. It's not a tenuous link that you have to argue about for the sake of it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I really fail to see what the problem is. He is best known for playing Brian, the quote is something he said in the film and people understandably choose to associate Paul with that. It's not a tenuous link that you have to argue about for the sake of it.

If you like it say so, but the guy posted on here for feedback, and my feedback is that I personally think quotes make more sense if they are something the person actually said themselves not read from a script, ie it being something that tells you about them as a person, rather than a character they are playing, that line was going to exist irrelevant of who got the part in the film, its from the script writer not the actor, so like I said, if you are a big fan of his as a person rather than as a character, then it would make more sense to quote him as a person, or if you want to quote the character, say its from the character.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, jesus!

Really has nothing better to do than to argue about pointless s**t that doesn't matter.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Do you ever shut up?

Whilst replying to someone talking specifically to me no, that would be rude, hence Ive bothered to reply to you.

However if you dont like it, just put me on ignore user and problem solved you wont ever had to see me post again

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
If you like it say so, but the guy posted on here for feedback, and my feedback is that I personally think quotes make more sense if they are something the person actually said themselves not read from a script, ie it being something that tells you about them as a person, rather than a character they are playing, that line was going to exist irrelevant of who got the part in the film, its from the script writer not the actor, so like I said, if you are a big fan of his as a person rather than as a character, then it would make more sense to quote him as a person, or if you want to quote the character, say its from the character.

That's a comma filled paragraph.

I understand what you mean, but as he is an actor he is obviously going to be known for his works, script writer or not.

For instance, think of a famous quote most would associate with Michael Caine. Should we only quote the script writer or character instead? I bet most wouldn't.

So what you're all arguing is Paul Walker said "Dude, I almost had you!" while playing a character in a film and it is Paul Walker, not the character, Brian O'Connor, that has died?

This is definitely worth arguing over.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
That's a comma filled paragraph.

I understand what you mean, but as he is an actor he is obviously going to be known for his works, script writer or not.

For instance, think of a famous quote most would associate with Michael Caine. Should we only quote this scriptwriter instead or character instead? I bet most wouldn't.

if you are referring to the "doors" quote, then it was 100% Michael Caine himself and unscripted.......

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
''If one day the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling'' - Paul Walker

I keep seeing people quoting that, but cant find where he actually said it, where is it a quote from, or is it made up?

Massively appropriate IF it is true.

So I've heard. But If I were to put a tribute sticker on my car, it would be that. Not a character from a film that the writer has worded, but the actor outside the film.

It would imagine that quote it is 100% true as he was a massive Japanese petrol head on the outside too.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'm also in the 'It wasn't from his mind, it was from a script that he read' camp, but I do agree it's very closely linked with him.

Chip-mk1 Apparently it was something he said whilst at Mine's. I haven't watched the video lately though so can't confirm it.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
I keep seeing people quoting that, but cant find where he actually said it, where is it a quote from, or is it made up?

Massively appropriate IF it is true.

Apparently he said it when he visited the Mine's factory in Japan, no idea how much truth is in it though

edit: McGherkin beat me to it

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I watched that mines video posted in the other thread and I didn't notice the quote said above.....

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Amos91

I stand corrected..... partly. Caine changed the line to suit himself.

Crystal Palace Park (not Sydenham Common - a common mistake) in South London was the location for one of the most memorable scenes in the film where Caine delivers the line "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!!". Interestingly the actual line that Caine was meant to say was "I only want you to blow the doors off", but I guess that's Caine's magic shining through!
The effects crew didn't know how much explosive to use and the resulting explosion was far greater than anyone expected. As windows across the common shattered, many of the crew jumped into cars to make a getaway before the Police rolled up asking questions!

http://www.theitalianjob.com/the_film_locations_uk.htm

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I have a small on on the way, not sure it will go on my car but it's partly going to his charity.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If I did get a sticker it'd be going with all my hillclimb/sprint stickers on the underside of my parcel shelf. I like to keep the outside of the car clean, but I know they're there.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I might order a massive one just to annoy the people that are getting so wound up
over something that's essentially unimportant.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Christ this place beggars belief sometimes!

Have be you lot not got anything better to do than sit on a car forum arguing over the most unimportant thing probably in existence on this forum at the moment?

Safe fe to say this Paul walker guy has had a serious effect on some of you!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I might order a massive one just to annoy the people that are getting so wound up
over something that's essentially unimportant.

Is anyone actually wound up, other than adamm?

Would have thought the only way people are likely to be actually annoyed at you buying a large sticker is if you go and stick it on their car, if its on yours they are more likely to just point and laugh?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That's a good idea, I could stickerbomb peoples cars with them at CSS14,
i'll start with yours seeing as they don't wind you up. :D

"Navy" N17 TWO
Rant all you's want.....has nobody noticed that the car in the OP seems to have double glazing?! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.