ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PBS Brake Pads fitting

MrCube182

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Just fitted some Performance Brake Solutions (PBS) pads to my 182 which cost around £100 for fronts.

When fitting, I removed the anti-rattle clips from the caliper because it was too much of a tight fit with them in

Anyone know if I'll encounter issues doing this?

Cheers!

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
I fitted the same on mine and I have driven from Birmingham to Bedford and ran it at Bedford Autodrome. No problems at all.

Mertin

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172&Ph2 172 Cup
Had no anti rattle clips on my CL RC5’s and they rattled like hell and sounded awful

However I Have read that PBS’s are alot better without them and dont sound like the cars disintegrating so sure you’ll be fine

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Have they update the design? My PBS pads came without springs.

Yeah, they now come with them.

IMG_20181004_164449.jpg

My first set I just took the springs off a set of cheap pagid pads.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Good that they now have springs, otherwise they tended to rattle between forward and reversing!

How have you found the wear on them? I did a very hot day at Bedford and covered around 200 track miles and they were pretty much shot - wouldn't last another day, or probably half day.

Now use DS1.11s and the wear rate seems much better.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Good that they now have springs, otherwise they tended to rattle between forward and reversing!

How have you found the wear on them? I did a very hot day at Bedford and covered around 200 track miles and they were pretty much shot - wouldn't last another day, or probably half day.

Now use DS1.11s and the wear rate seems much better.

I've done 3 track days and they are about half worn. They have 10mm of material when new.

I have them in the rears too, so the fronts aren't braking as much as they would with OEM rear pads.