ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pc build information

Inferno 182FF
hi there i have stripped down and rebuilt pc's before but it was always using the original components

i am looking to build a pc of my own i have a case in mind which is this:
http://www.cclonline.com/product/58...id-Tower-Case-Special-Edition-White-/CAS0420/

i know what i am loking for i think just want some help with the best products for me:
ssd to run my OS and programs
a HDD around 750gb should not need more than this

i am looking for about 8gb or ram as i run vitual machines for university work and need the power to help this
and an i7

thanks or the help in advance

SSD - Crucial M4 - 128gb or 256gb - Can't be beaten for realibility.
HDD - Samsung Spinpoint are my favourites, again never had a problem compared to others and regarded as one of the fastest (ignoring the WD Raptors).

I'll do a spec in a sec, do you have a budget? Also if you're running alot of VM's then 8gb is less than ideal.

Also no mention of graphics card, interesting in gaming or budget?

Oh and if you want a load of advice and a ton of different specs, get on to the overclockers.co.uk forum, go to General discussion and write a "spec me" thread, and you'll get 5+ replies of specs and advice :)

Last edited:
  Inferno 182FF
i do run quite a few vm's what should i go for and budget well not particularly huge prob have about 1000 ish i am a playstation gamer and cant see me switching really!

Just built one myself.

i5 i3570k
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
OCZ ZT 550w
OCZ Agility 3 128GB
8GB Corsair XMS3 1600Mhz

It's all up and running, runs like a dream. I do wish i bought an M4 and not the Agility, but it was such a bargain. Just hope i have no problems with it. The i5 and Extreme4 seem to go well together, will be trying to hit 4.5 - 5Ghz when i get some free time.

Not a 320d
Ive got an M4 :) So much difference even running on sata 2.

try push for a tad extra ram if you can. 8 gb is fine........for now.

Inferno 182FF
sweet i think i will go for 16gb of ram then i may aswell i rarely run about 5 or more so this should be good for me! i will aim at sorting it soon ish

thanks for the help