ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Budget PC build £400 help please

Clio200 EDC Lux
Hi

Looking to build a PC for my 12yr old for xmas, needs to be decent enough to play most games (I appreciate it would be 4k LOL)
Spec need to be:
Prefer dedicated gfx card if possible
8gb ram
AMD GPU
Case with some RGB light / clear side panel if poss

Can anyone help out?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
You may struggle to get something new for £400. I'd be looking at 2nd hand but make sure things are decent

You can get similar things to this if you're patient and buy at the right time (if you wanted to buy individually) -

Ryzen 5 2600 - £100-150
R9 390/X or 5500 XT- £100-150
B350 - £50-100
PSU - £50
Case - £30 (I have a Thermaltake versa H18, cheap but good)
Patriot 960GB SSD - £80
2x4GB RAM - £30

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Hi

Looking to build a PC for my 12yr old for xmas, needs to be decent enough to play most games (I appreciate it would be 4k LOL)
Spec need to be:
Prefer dedicated gfx card if possible
8gb ram
AMD GPU
Case with some RGB light / clear side panel if poss

Can anyone help out?

In a couple of weeks time i will have B360m motherboard with an I5 9600kf processor for sale, it happily runs warzone etc at 1440 in 120fps, i may also have a masterliquid lite 120 cooler to go with them, PM if your intertested, less then 12 months old.

Also easily overlooked, Keyboard, mouse and Monitor unless using a tv all have to be bought as well. doesn't take long to start adding up, trust me.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
You could pickup a xeon quad or hex core 8gb workstation pc on eBay for around £80/£100. The benefit of these is they come in a large tower case too so you can fit a full sized GPU.

The Dell Precision or Lenovo thinkstations typically ship with around 500w PSU and have extra power connectors for GPU as well.

Then you just need to add an SSD and a suitable 4GB ddr5 GPU but you could have something capable of reasonable performance for around £250.