ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC help

Dunno what you'd call it but i want a tool that will search through a folder, ie my music folder and remove any occurances of the same song, dunno how its happened but i seem to have loads of songs on my computer twice, and wanna clear it all up and tidy it all up

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
just list them in aphabetical order by clicking on the tab above the filename list (in details view) and then hold down ctrl while you left click on duplicates. When they are all selected, just press delete on your keyboard.

Wish it was that easy, they are all in different folders, one example i found was gatecrasher classics - disc 2 is in a folder under scott bond, who mixed it, its also in a folder under gatecrasher classics, same folder names and files names but in different folders in different places

If i went through them all on media player looking for instances like that it would take me all day

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
ok then. look on www.download.com to see if there are any freeware programs that will do what you need.

May be tricky though. Perhaps you will just have to bite the bullet and start organising them manually.

Click start > search > for files or folder
When File search has opend.

in the "Search for files or folders name" box put "mp3"
in the "look in box" put you main folder you want to look in.

then click "Search now"
When that search has found all your mp3s then click "view" at the top and goto "arrange icons by" and click "name"

:)