ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pc import guide

Hey,i know quite a few of you have one, but this is for those who dont.i know its elsewere but i just sussed how do do it properly with pics etc, and thought it more helpfull in the detailing section.

look at the picture below, this was done by wdpro, who at the time was a novice with a porter cable, he used megs #83 followed be megs #80, as you can see the results speak for themselves
Wing-InsideMasked4.gif

For those who dont know, the pc is a random orbit car polisher, it is used on your cars paint, windows, headlights, it gives amazing results safely, the machine is wonderfully easy to use and very safe for your paint, it does not get your paint hot like an orbital polisher, the pc mimicks the movement of your hand. only alot quicker, please do read up on the pc before use though
There are a few on here that have already used this guide and have there new pcs already, and i have only had good feedback about it + some excellent results
please note the clickable links
firstly go here to buy CLICKY

you can also get cloths, wax etc + the new meguiars range from them
Here you can buy the pc polisher kit ( sonus pad polisher kit), i would buy an extra backing plate ( sonus 5" backing plate), and possibly some extra 6" das pads, also some 4" das spot pads may come in handy (if buying 4" pads you need to buy a 3.5" backing plate.
The shipping will be aprox $60, but that will be very quickly delivered to you (in aprox 3 days), ask them help you with import duties ,you should not pay import duties if they mark the parcel correctly, also whilst your at it you can use your special discount code that i will give you (pm me, i only do this as the code can often change )
Then sit back an wait for your pc to come.

Whilst waiting for your pc you will need a 110v transformer, extension, and plug, this can be bought from screwfix (clickable links below)

Transformer £34.99
extension £9.99
plug £1.20

plus you get free shipping
When your pc comes you will need to cut of the usa 2 pin plug, you then need to put on the new plug (as above), american black is live, and white is neutral, there is no earth as the cable is double insulated, this is a very easy 2 minute job,so dont worry if you are at all woried about wiring please leave it to an expert
Then you will need to buy yourself some polish/swirl remover, i personally chose meguiars #80 for general swirl removing (known as speed glaze), and #83 (known as dual action polish "DACP") for problem areas (be cautious with this as it has a strong cutting action), you can buy this from, you dont need special waxes etc, as you can use your ordinary polishes with the machine, but there are plenty of products out there to use, and different paint work better with different polishes.
you should really also use some microfibre wipes to remove these products, these can be bought from various places, try HERE for microfibres and polishes etc

Then you will need to do a bit of research on forums like this one
or autopia or meguiars
you also should view this site http://www.detailingworld.co.uk

pics of the machine and pads
DSCF0402.gif

DSCF0404.gif

DSCF0403.gif

i hope this helps, please do a bit of research on the links, if you have any questions please feel free to pm me, I Will talk anyone through the buying process, or applying process

a coulpe pics of mine after my first attempt with the pc, i used
1. NXT Wash
2. clay bar
3. meguiars #83 DACP on an orange sonus pad
4. meguiars #80 speed glaze on green sonus pad
5. meguiars NXT tech wax.
335.gif

33.gif

45451.gif

and from this

DSCF0057.gif

DSCF0058.gif

[IMGO]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y183/182blue/polo%20refurb/DSCF0487.jpg[/IMGO]

to this

bon6.gif

finished4.gif

finished19.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
do you polish the headlights aswell? :S

good read btw! :) How much does the whole kit come in as in english money? i am crap at maths. :)

the whole kit presently cost about £118 shipped over from the usa, then you need the tranny, and cable and plug

for anyone wanting a pc at the moment, they got one on sale for $160 , from $179 :) , pm me for an extra discount of 15% ontop

got mine and had a go the other nite, looks great but there are still quite a few surface scratches, am i not using enough pressure? any ideas guys?

cheers blue btw, came super quick etc

jamie

what polishes are you using mate ?

ps folks the pc is still on offer, and with the 15% discount code you can still get the pc for $108 :)

using megs 83 and 80 on the coarse and then finishing pads. might be just scared of pressuring :S

jamie

yeh, the pc may require a bit more pressure, its also worth doing more passes and reapplying the polish, i know when i first used it i was far to gentle and was being cautious, which is of course a good thing, i also found 4" spot pads to be helpful on heavily marked areas, and i do quite like the Menzerna polishes for mark removal, as they work quite quickly (Menzerna IP is particularly good on marks, but it is quite aggressive )

just be cautious, and keep working it, its hard for me to advise without seeing the marks (i.e i don't know how deep they are etc), but as a rule if it catches on your nail when moved across it then its quite deep and full removal may not be a good idea, however you can feather the edge a bit so its not so obvious

Last edited:
certain panels are quite hard, like the bonnet, mostly coz they get the most abuse and seem to be more scratched, i spent 4 hours buffing the polo's bonnet to get it right !!

this 15+ year old g60 took a few hours also, but was well worth it

before
DSCF0122.gif

DSCF0127.gif

DSCF0121.gif

after
finDSCF01221.gif

DSCF0141.gif

Last edited:
its about £80 delivered at the moment, thats for the pc on its own, with a pad set it will be about £105-£110 iirc, thats based on current sale price and my discount code

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
its about £80 delivered at the moment, thats for the pc on its own, with a pad set it will be about £105-£110 iirc, thats based on current sale price and my discount code

Wanna order me one with the pad set? I've got some nasty swirls! :)

Wanna order me one with the pad set? I've got some nasty swirls! :)

lol at your avtar, and order it yourself you lazy git :D

PM blue for the codes, got mine for xmas and have nothing but praise for Blue and autopia!! came in 3 days, very welll wrapped and with a lovely letter saying hope everything is good etc etc!!

jamie

A slow one :-(
I thought service was great.

I ordered my PC on Thursday and had it with me yesterday despite new years and all that.

absolutely 1st class blue mate

andy, go for SFX pads, click international shipping and follow the link that blue has given at the start about where to buy from, means they label it so you dont have to pay import tax.

jamie

I spent 150 quid bang on.

Got 2 Sonus Der Wunder Drying towels,
PC
Sonus Shampoo,
Set of spot pads and backing plate,
SFX pad kit and an extra set of pads

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
the 150 was only pc, sfx pad kit and a megs clay bar!

what did you put for delivery, international? it adds like $63 to it!!

yeah international...

Did you get the discount codes? Plus my PC was abour $20 cheaper as it was on sale.... sale items have changed now though.

106 GTi
Megauiars are converting one to 240V but there is now release date as yet - but a imported one and transformer will be cheaper anyway I expect.