ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC into TV - A/V

Focus ST-3
I have a PC with Displayport (DP not DP++) and VGA outs, and a 3.5mm audio out.

I want to display A/V onto my TV which has HDMI in, VGA in, component in and 3.5mm audio in.

I currently have it on VGA and 3.5mm audio which works fine but the quality is s**t. So my question is how do I get it working through the HDMI in on my TV?

I have a DP to HDMI cable which works fine for the display but has no audio, maybe because i need DP++?? I also cant seem to set the TV to take a seperate sound source when using a HDMI input.

How else can I get this to work? A new graphics card isnt an option due to it being a tiny PC with no expansion slots. Is there such thing as an external USB graphics adapter that could do what im after?

any suggestions?
Thanks

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
your display port and vga can't output sound. get a better sound card and plug in to surround sound unit?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
You have 3 options

1) Some telly's have 3.5mm in jack. If it does just use a 3.5mm stereo male to 3.5mm stereo male cable.
2) Buy a new graphics card with HDMI outputs
3) Buy a conversion box - hard to come by and probably more expensive than option 2.