ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] Next Car Game

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I'm basically cutting and pasting here from a post elsewhere, but this may interest quite a few:

http://nextcargame.com

This looks like it's going to be an awesome game - it's by Bugbear Entertainment, the developers of FlatOut2 and FlatOut Ultimate Carnage which were really good.

There's a free tech demo here;
http://nextcargame.com/free-technology-demo/

The car damage system and building destruction is amazing, one of the most impressive game engines I've ever seen.

I just bought the early-access version that came up on Steam there which gives access to a second tech demo and an alpha that lets you do a couple of races/demolition derbies.

Here is a vid I just recorded in the alpha;

Seems to be picking up a lot of press and media coverage at the moment. Searching for Next Car Game on Google brings up several results from the last day or so, and there's countless videos on Youtube as well. Looks like a Destruction Derby type racing game.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend showed me this on steam last night as destruction derby 2 was my favourite game on ps1.
Looks like a laugh I'll probably end up buying it over the weekend

Yaris Hybrid
Stunning.

Slammed everything to the max in 1440p and it ran silky smooth. Amazing how well optimised it is, especially after playing the disgrace that is Liberation HD earlier this week.

Handling is spot on, this game could really be something big.

RS Clio 182
Its on PS4 aswell. Probably one of the first games im looking forward to on the next gen,after watching a few video. The damage and all that debris looks immense - no slowdown either with 20 something cars involved.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
DD2 on PS1 was and still is my fave driving game ever. Too much like epic fun!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
LOL! Awesome, I used to work with some of these guys when they were developing under publisher Empire Interactive. Good to see their hard work is producing something that could be quite special! :D

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
When you're born, you play with your s**t.

You buy toys, you play with more s**t.

Then you get a console, which is slightly less s**t.

Finally you end up in the rarified atmosphere of PC gaming and you don't even know what s**t looks like any more.

Welcome to the Gamer Cake.

Evo 5 RS
I bought this a couple weeks ago. Played it for about 10 minutes. There were a few people bigging up the physics (not sure what engine it actually uses, probably it's own proprietary one) comparing it to NVPhysX with people saying "Ergh look this is all done on the CPU, don't need GPU PhysX".

It's good fun but the Physics aren't all that...I just hope they let you fly out the windscreen like they did in Flatout :D.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
When you're born, you play with your s**t.

You buy toys, you play with more s**t.

Then you get a console, which is slightly less s**t.

Finally you end up in the rarified atmosphere of PC gaming and you don't even know what s**t looks like any more.

Welcome to the Gamer Cake.

genuine LOL moment reading this (caught on early and read it in his voice)!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Anyone else still playing this - Fair few updates recently and I must say - it's getting great fun.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else still playing this - Fair few updates recently and I must say - it's getting great fun.
Not as much as I should tbh. I hasn't actually been 'released' as a full product yet though, has it? Seems weird that it's in a state of perpetual alpha and I'm a little unsure as to when it will ever be complete.
I also used to use the keyboard on the previous Flatout games and was pretty handy in getting the cars around the tracks. It doesn't quite feel the same and I certainly don't have the same level of confidence in having the throttle planted in bends.

Maybe I should use the G25 with it?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
I use an Xbox style controller. The new elimination set up is epic. They need to make the dead cars easier to shift, like DD2 so you create bottle necks and blockages.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Still on this lads? There's a Destruction Derby add-on!!! OMG!!! Awesomes!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Saw this thread and read it as if it was new. Not sure why realising it's from 2014 takes away from the game at all.

I was just about to buy it.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Saw this thread and read it as if it was new. Not sure why realising it's from 2014 takes away from the game at all.

I was just about to buy it.

It's fapping brilliant. Getting better and better

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Chalk Canyon was the best circuit on DD2. Frigging shame they don't bring out a re-mastered version of DD or DD2, still love the fact you could stick the disc in a CD player and listen to the music.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Crashes badly in 64-bit mode launcher - a weird message about Fatal Disk Error which appears to be a capture-all error.

Launch it in 32-bit and all is fine. Looks really good, though the handling (keyboard especially) is a little ropey. Still good though - I just wish they would finish it and remove it from never-ending alpha.