ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pc problem with profile at bootup

Audi S3 225
Hey just a quick question, when I boot up my pc all is fine until it’s just about to load the icons and stuff on the desktop. There is a box saying loading personnel settings etc. Then I get an error saying 'personnel settings file invalid. Logging you on to a temporary account!!!'

All my icons are gone, my favourites in ie are gone and it seems like I’ve just installed a fresh copy of xp and it does this every time I boot up so anything I do in the temporary account doesn’t save.

Help guys, I’ve had enough of this computer, anyway of saving the profile or is it dead, where should I look for it?

Thanks

Allan

RB 182
The profile should still be there, have a look in C:\Documents and Settings\

You can get back your favourites and bits then.

Audi S3 225
Hi thx m8, i managed to create a new admin profile i copied all the files i needed from the damaged profile to the new one and then logged into the new profile and deleted the old one via the user accounts menu in control panel.

Thx for the help dude.