ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC process advice please

V6 230
Hi,
I am hopefully going to be ordering a PC in the next week or so along with some polish etc and just wanted to run things by you lot first:)

Was thinking:

Wash with AG shampoo
Dry with microfibre
Clay with Sonus green clay and Meguiars QD
Wash again
Dry again
Mask off with 3m tape, working in 2ft by 2ft areas at a time
PC with Meguiars #80 then #83 (is this the right way round and which SFX pad for each?)
AG SRP (which pad?)
AG EGP (again which pad?)
Then finish with Swissvax Onyx by hand

One last quesion, can i use different products on the same SFX pad (not at the same time) or should i only use one product on it and have multiple pads of the same type (ie 2 or more of each SFX1/2/3)?

Any advice really welcome as dont want to waste my £200ish as am very much a detailing novice :)

James

106 GTi
If claying with QD no need to re wash.

83 and then the 80

SRP will work fine on either a polishing or finishing pad.

EGP IMO is best applied by hand.

Fresh pad per different product for me unless going more aggressive.

i.e if I start a panel with Menzerna Final Finish on a polishing pad and it is not working I will use Intensive Polish on the same pad.

Essential to have more than one of each pads.

V6 230
Great thanks for your help,
So would you advise getting 2x SFX1 pads, one for the #83 and a different one for #80
Then get a SFX2 or SFX3 pad for the SRP
Then just use EGP by hand

Again thanks for help!
James

106 GTi
In most cases by PC you will need #83 on the SFX 1 and then follow up with the #80 on SFX 2.

The it is up to you on the SRP, but after the above SFX 3 should be fine.

V6 230
Right i think I am going to order the UDM this week instead of the PC as its had good reviews on detailingworld and is pretty much the same price and has a carry bag :)

I take it that i can still use exactly the same pads and polishes as mentioned above?

Cheers