ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a couple of hours online. Didn't seem like long so 3 hours each day isn't that much IMO. It will take me a long time to unlock everything for this.

Some games I am quite good, others I am terrible. Some of the maps need a lot of concentration I think. And I need to unlock a better sniper rifle too I think. The standard one seems to be a long barreled spud gun :dapprove:

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I'm only ever engineer too. All I change us whether I have a stinger or a javelin depending on what's about when I die!

Fiesta ST-2
What a crap comparison pic? First one its looking straight into the guys flashlight, second pic there's no one there!

Oh wait I get it lols

The only two maps I play and find any good, are Caspian Border and Operation Firestorm.
Only ever as Engineer too. And mainly focus on getting Tank upgrades.

Although its getting a little repetitive. Some of the maps are s**t.

I'm just waiting for Back to Karkand. Although slightly worried they've modified the maps. Hopefully haven't turned them s**t in order to port to consoles.
Then once I'm bored of that will probably stop playing this tbh.

Quite disappointed in it if I'm honest. I mean I enjoy it, just don't feel its that good. Can't see my putting in nearly as much time as I did on the original Battlefield 2.

Integra Type-R DC2
Know what you mean James, I felt the same way when I first started playing it. I think you just need to stop comparing it to BF2 and just enjoy it for what it is and youll get more out of it.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Played this last night at a friends.
Wasn't too impressed. Single player was rubbish and rather boring.

Online was better, but couldn't get into it tbh. Might pick one up after xmas if it's cheaper.

Sunny
Played this last night at a friends.
Wasn't too impressed. Single player was rubbish and rather boring.

Online was better, but couldn't get into it tbh. Might pick one up after xmas if it's cheaper.

I only played BC2 and I loved that game!
I was wary that BF3 would be totally different that I wouldnt adapt to it or like it.
In all honesty I love it! Fave maps are all the enclosed ones: Seine Crossing - Bazaar - Metro. Adapted to it much better than BC2 and the quicker pace of engineer class suits me down to the ground. I know people hate metro for some reason but I think its genius! Running down the tunnels when an RPG streaks past, lighting up the dark as it goes -its lovely to watch. If you dont take B quickly in conquest though, your doomed :-0

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I went back to the campaign last night and I do like it. There were a few glitches though. Some white screens which made completing the missions a fcuking nightmare!

Online is good too. I need to get playing it a bit more though and find people who actually want to do the objectives rather than running round collecting kill points. Oh and with people that know how to fly the choppers too.

Really like Metro and Noshahr canal maps though.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Loving this game, level 20 with 18 hours play online. Something weird happened last night though, I always play in a squad with my mate and he's a medic I'm an engineer. I got killed so he revived me, but the same guy got me again. He then revived me for the second time in quick succession and my name disappeared from above my head, so I had my team mates all shooting me thinking I was on the enemy team. But this did mean the enemies didn't think I was an enemy so I didn't die all game :p

Nimbus Megane R26
im level 23 with 30 hours play..played MW3 for first time last night at a mates and this takes the piss outta MW3..

Sunny
Loving this game, level 20 with 18 hours play online. Something weird happened last night though, I always play in a squad with my mate and he's a medic I'm an engineer. I got killed so he revived me, but the same guy got me again. He then revived me for the second time in quick succession and my name disappeared from above my head, so I had my team mates all shooting me thinking I was on the enemy team. But this did mean the enemies didn't think I was an enemy so I didn't die all game :p

I've seen this glitch a dozen times mate. I played Metro the other day and I was shooting at three different guys and just NOT hitting them, i then figured out that they were on my team but just that their names were not showing up. Its scary really, when you see someone running past and you get a good shot at them, they dont die then someone else pops you. Its like WTF!

But yeah. Its a glitch and its a bit sh*t in fairness.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
this game is s**t. it can look as good as it wants but it runs like s**t and that to me makes it not even worth playing.

think im gonna just trade it in for mw3 which will be equally as s**t probably.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
the game is useless though. i put whole clips into people with primary and pistol and if they dont shoot me back it will come up 100 points for a kill 30 seconds later. its never gonna get fixed so why keep the game.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
don't get MW3 it's a pile of w**k at mo, proper bad stuff. I've been playing MW2 today and it's been awsome lag free 104 kills in 3 games on the trot TDM.

Been on this today for a few games and i found it ok, didn't see any problems

don't get MW3 it's a pile of w**k at mo, proper bad stuff. I've been playing MW2 today and it's been awsome lag free 104 kills in 3 games on the trot TDM.

Been on this today for a few games and i found it ok, didn't see any problems

MW3 & BF3 have been pretty much lag free all the time for me!

Skoda Fabia vRS
Thats pretty much crap if your talking consoles! Have both, played both this morning and night and day... blinded by the BF3 love I think ;)

hardly, ive not had much time to play it, and at the moment although yea its a decent game, but its not grabbing all my attention like i expected it to

1.8 Civic EX
odd, I can't remember how I did it now.

Think I played like one game of multiplayer, went to to the gunclub, signed up etc then when I switched the game back on it flashed up saying new gun unlocked etc. Was quite simple...

Sunny
I had my first experience of Mortar issue last night.
Got into a game on seine crossing, spawned at deployment, moved forward a few feet then BOOM.
Ridiculous those things!

The game has genuis flourishes and retarded issues in equal measure. It both delights and disappoints. However if you love serious team orientated play - you will struggle to find a better online game.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've not played this since Skyrim came out. :dapprove:

If anyone's on later I'll come on for a bit. You can shout on this game too, right?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Finished campaign last night. Really enjoyed it apart from two glitch issues (white screen)

Need to play online more when I get the time.

Integra Type-R DC2
Getting pissed off with all the w*****s online whoring the IRNV. Makes hiding in a good firing position pointless.