ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Bioshock 2

F82 M4
2 weeks today.

Had some promising reviews so far.

BioShock 2 was met with a positive reception. PSM3 has awarded the sequel 93%, saying "it tops the original in terms of storytelling and combat". PC Gamer was also positive, awarding the game 90%, commenting "it's still better written than pretty much anything else out there".[35] Xbox World 360 has given the follow-up a very respectable 90%, stating the return to the underwater dystopia is "every bit as engrossingly mysterious" as the original, "if not more so". It called the two titles as "inseparable as Daddy and Sister."

Really can't wait.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The first one really wasn't as good as people are making out.

Yes, it was a great game, but the hype for it is far too much. It was just another FPS, really. What did it offer over other games? Again, it was a bloody good game, but people w*nk far too much over it, IMO.

F82 M4

Yes, it was a great game, but the hype for it is far too much. It was just another FPS, really. What did it offer over other games? Again, it was a bloody good game, but people w*nk far too much over it, IMO.

Name a better single player FPS.

AK

M240i
I should really complete Bioshock 1 sometime soon then?!

And i'm actually stuck :( lol

I need to find some injection thingy :S lol i don't even know the names!

It's like 5 mins into the first level too :( haha!!

Revels Mum & Sister

LOL did it not get a decent enough score on review sites you ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Hey, I said it was a great game, but it wasn't the best game ever, that's all I was saying. Loads of folk claimed it was almost perfect, when it wasn't.

It is quality, I had it and was on it all the time until I finished it and will definitely get the sequel, but I thought it was a bit too dark and weird, especially with the 1950's esque music. All part of the plot and everything, of course. I think I'm maybe forgetting just what a good game it was, as I haven't played it for so long now.

Don't hate. Innov8. <3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
People who haven't played the first Bioshock shouldn't be allowed to own a console.

I don't own a console.... but look what I restarted this weekend :cool:

IMG_0107.jpg

I had a triple-whammy of WIN as well....

• Playing it this time at 1920x1200 resolution instead of 1280x1024
  • Running in DX10 on Windows 7 instead of DX9 from Windows XP
  • Built-in Physx support with the cheapo card I bought off eBay as Biochock runs on the Unreal engine.
Needless to say, its super smooth and my PC is heading to its 4th birthday! Awesome. :cool:

D.

AK

M240i
LOL Darren perhaps you can tell me where that vial thing is I need!!

It's not far after you head down the surgery (??)

ANd it's a vial that gives you another power ....

(I honestly have no idea... i want to like this game too!!)

Mito Sportiva 135
At the time I played it I thought it was great, but in hindsight there was too much collecting stuff for a FPS for me.

Great story, setting and idea though, sadly though I think I prefer MW2 and Halo 3.

dk

911 GTS Cab
pc one is cheap, not sure why it would be reduced from £70 to £40 yet the 360 version is still £60!

i bought the standard one from them and it was shipped yesterday, hopefully get it for tuesday.

i bought the big daddy version last time, and have order a big and little sister models and the needle thing that lights up, bit g33ky.

Clio 197 FF
Had a quick play on it last night, seems a good game, but maybe too similar to the first one. Not had a go on the multiplayer though.

Name a better single player FPS.

Are you having a laugh? If I attempted to list them, the internet would snap under the strain of that one post. Bioshock was good, but there are literally dozens of better shooters. That is if you own the correct machine to play them on. PC.

Revels Mum & Sister
Done about 3 hours of this. My copy arrived on Saturday.

Loving it so far. More of the same really. But that is a good thing in my eyes!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Done about 3 hours of this. My copy arrived on Saturday.

Loving it so far. More of the same really. But that is a good thing in my eyes!
where from? i ordered from play on friday for the first time for a pre-order as gameplay failed me not letting me add my new address as they don't recognise the postcode, serious lack of a manual address entry!!! Then I tried shopto who wouldn't let me change my address until i've ordered twice, which i have but they still won't let me change. these guys just don't seem to want to make it easy for me to do business with them.

Revels Mum & Sister
Ebay mate I noticed some chap had some in his hands on friday and sent one out Special Delivery.

Lee

BMW M2C
Mine shipped from Shopto on Saturday, £29. I don't want some gay assed doll with mine.

Only review I've seen so far is IGN 9.1 out of 10.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I want to get this, but don't want to pay more than £30 for it as I'm not sure whether I'll get on with it or not (I didn't play the 1st). So I might have to wait as all the <£30 deals seem to have finished (unless the supermarkets do them)

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
depends whether it has Windows LIVE or not, Fallout 3 did and worked with the gamerscore. I could get it on the PC also (for less than £30) but I can't help but feel I'm more likely to play it on the console.