ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/Xbox360/PS3] Mafia II - Official Thread

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Comparisons :

pooebi6.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  Oil Burner
When is this demo going to be out in the PS store for non PSN users? I thought today? But i cant find it. Looks excellent, although that video above makes me wish i still had a windows machine.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I find the PC hard to believe as well, if I can I'll get some screenshots up of mine tonight, looks loads better than that.

Does the PC version run DX10 or DX11? Mine's on a 8800GTX (DX10 card) currently.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
PS3 doesn't look that washed-out, surely?

Agreed. That looks shocking, I'll dust off the piss3 tonight and see how it compares to the 360 demo I was rocking last night.

Bit more screen tearing than I'd like to see but still can't wait for the full release

Octy VRS
It's really quite good looking, plays well too. PS3 looks nothing like it does in the comparison shots. It looks smooth and the colours are very vibrant. Like the car physics and the fact if you crash bad you injure yourself. Cops are full on though.

if you search for some other reviews they average around the 7/10 score. So EG must just be being c*nts for the sake of it!
Either way, it wont affect my decision to buy.

Octy VRS
Well the first averaged under 67% on PS2 and I loved that so I'll reserve judgement until I've played it.

Indeed, they could be bang on - it's clearly not a "sandbox" game, which it sounds like they could've been expecting.

I'll reserve judgement until I've played through it, but i quite enjoyed just messing around in the demo tbh!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
got mine but Steam won't let me install it, tw*ts lol.

I also didn't get my free Blu-Ray as HMV took it off the PC orders and made it only available to 360/PS3 orders.

none :(
Got this yesterday, what are people thoughts on it, gameplay wise is brilliant, but im sure ive noticed a few errors.

I was pulled over by the police, they got out of their car when this other car just hit the copper, but to my amazment the copper just walked through the car, also i was helping this lady fix her car, and she seemed to be on a video loop somehow, you know how it was done in speed, where dennis Hopper noticed that people where off the bus. The woman just kept jumping up and down

hopefully they can sort that with some kind of patch, but overall im happy with it.

Evo 8 Jap Crap
Been playing this for a couple of hours now (PS3) the story is brilliant and the little attention to detail on the small things make all the difference.

Soul and jazz on the radios are class :)

Really enjoying it so far

Eurogamer are usually a touch on the low side, 7/10 is good from them, but 4 is very low. That said this is getting 74% on metacritic so average reviews on the whole:(

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
seems really good, a LOT of attention to detail going on, but it may just be show-boating that'll wear off as you progress, I guess time will tell but first impressions are its a good step ahead from the original.

I've put in a few hours on the story, loving it so far. I know I'll definitely go through it again once I've finished, its very well written/acted. As has been said attention to detail is superb; snow driving is pretty good, I think they found a good balance between realism, i.e. a right pain, and making it easy to drive on.
So far, so good!

DCi
warning spoiler if you havent got very far yet:

i warned you....

it's a bit weird that you get put in jail for the gas coupon mission but i've just done the clemente hotel mission and i'm assuming they are not going to re-arrest me lol :D

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
8 hours ok hard mode. Thought I'd stick it ok hard mode like I do with most games so they last well. Obviously a short game.

Still very enjoyable and easily best game I've played in a while. Looking forward to the dlc.

Is the the game I've been waiting for since Mafia 1? Yeah I guess, shame if didn't last longer.

Clio 182
The ending is silly and it says I have only completed 72%

start again on hard I guess!

Paul

Only 72% because you have to collect 50 playboy mags and something like 160 wanted posters that in its self takes about 6 hours and is no fun at all.

I was finding myself getting bored when playing this game even on hard it was easy (apart from Chapter 14).

Evo 8 MR
Needed to last much longer imo. Dissapointed with the ending myself and doesn't offer any replay value for me.

Still a good game however.

Bought this Wednesday night, and completed by Sunday night.

Story line was very movie like, I enjoyed it a lot.
It's the first game I've ever played where I've watched every single cut scene.

Shame there's no online, or free roam though.

I liked the ending, ready for a 3rd.