ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Restarting itself, HELP!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Try to get a photo with your phone of the blue screen that comes up when it happens.

Have you seen how quickly a BSOD flashes up ? lol... he just needs to disable automatic reboot upon crash, then he can take all the time he likes to read it (or just check the event logs).. and while you are at it enable memory dumps, you can analyze them to determine what the machine considers caused the crash.. if it's random then it will probably be hardware related.

Any Bugcheck code will be logged in the event logs so check there. You could also leave it running in safe mode to see if it still hapoens.

This.

172 Cup
As stated by a few helpful others, this is very likely the psu (power supply unit). Had similar symptons myself, though when i did turn it off (after about a year) it wouldn't power up, so i kept trying until a massive spark flew out of the PSU ;o)

Shocking after a year, but if you've had on a lot, and there was a lot of fluff on the internal fans it will happen.

have you another power supply to try? - cheapish one if not on warranty should do you unless its a gaming / rendering rig then buy what the pc demands :)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It looks like its the anti virus I'm using. I've disabled it and it's not re starting itself. So there we go

Im using another anti virus now