ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC] Starcraft 2 out on Tuesday

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Yeah loving it, played some more last night and its definitely won me over. I haven't even touched multiplayer yet.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'm on maxxed out settings on my Quad Core with 8800GTX and it seems to cope pretty well. Still going to upgrade to i7 and a 2GB 5970 though.

Thing is with Blizzard games is that they are optimised VERY well, I think the minimum spec is a Radeon 9800! We really need some CS games going!

Mito Sportiva 135
I asked in another thread but didn't get a direct response (and can't find a demo to test with, unless anyone has a link?)

Basically my CPU is above the recommended, but my RAM is below the minium for Vista (1gb vs 1.5gb minimum) - my graphics card is average.

Would the game still run do you think? REALLY want it!

Nissan 350z
Ive downloaded a copy of this. Unfortunately this game falls into that category for me as i will never play this type of game multiplayer due to the "hardcore" gamers who would ruin the online experience using cheap tactics. And im just not prepared to shell out £40 for a game i will only spend a couple of evenings doing single player stuff.

Ive downloaded a copy of this. Unfortunately this game falls into that category for me as i will never play this type of game multiplayer due to the "hardcore" gamers who would ruin the online experience using cheap tactics. And im just not prepared to shell out £40 for a game i will only spend a couple of evenings doing single player stuff.

You are split into a number of different leagues, at the top there is pro where you can only be invited into (if your famous playing the game) then theres Diamond, Platinum (that im in), Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper. The matchmaking system is designed so you win 50% of your games, if your winning more itll move you up the leagues. Winning less and it'll move you down. They really have done a proper job on this

Nissan 350z
So is online play only limited to ranked league matches? what about if you want to play with a friend who isnt in your league?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Feel a bit cheated tbh, the game is epic but the ending is really poor compared to the rest of the game. They've purposely left it open for future expansions and as a result of it the ending of the main game has suffered.

Nissan 350z
Another question BatFastard seeing how you know alot about this :)

Ive noticed in the campaign units such as Firebat, but im sure these werent in the cracked beta i played a couple of months back. Are these campaign only units that have been left out of Multiplayer?

Another question BatFastard seeing how you know alot about this :)

Ive noticed in the campaign units such as Firebat, but im sure these werent in the cracked beta i played a couple of months back. Are these campaign only units that have been left out of Multiplayer?

Yep they are indeed, to do with the game balance - but there are plenty of other units that can do the same job (firebat -> hellion, medic > medivac) etc.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

so in other words, 'steal' rather than 'download'

Nissan 350z
I will refer you to the following:

piracy_vs_theft.jpg

:cool:http://kinderfresser.org/download/fun/pics/piracy_vs_theft.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Would this run ok on an Intel Core 2 Duo P8600 (866Mhz) laptop with 4GB ram and a 256MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3450?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
You are split into a number of different leagues, at the top there is pro where you can only be invited into (if your famous playing the game) then theres Diamond, Platinum (that im in), Gold, Silver, Bronze, Copper. The matchmaking system is designed so you win 50% of your games, if your winning more itll move you up the leagues. Winning less and it'll move you down. They really have done a proper job on this

That sounds a really clever idea. I wish they had something similar on CoH (that worked well)....

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just completed the single player campaign. Really enjoyable RTS throughout I thought.

Did anyone watch the credits at the end? Fecking hell - there must have been literally thousands of people that worked on this. The only one in terms of number of staff involved that looked similar was Mass Effect 2, imo.

Loved the lyrics to the end tune as well - lol. :)

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Darren, did you not find the ending somewhat disappointing? I thought compared to the rest of the story along the way it was a bit s**t, its obviously been left open for an expansion of 3.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Darren, did you not find the ending somewhat disappointing? I thought compared to the rest of the story along the way it was a bit s**t, its obviously been left open for an expansion of 3.

A little bit, I suppose. I liked the option that you could pick to attack their air defences or ground defences on the mission before it to minimise their assets.

The one thing I thought that did go a little off the rails was the Rasta Spectre guy. He was involved a lot at the start then....... just stood on he balcony in the cantina for the most part. :S

D.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d
Looking for decent players for 2vs2's, 3vs3's etc. Add me to freinds :)

Username: Rev
Code: 802

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looking forward to the expansions for this. Which one's coming first, does anyone know?

Would be great to a full-blown campaign playing as the Zerg, imo.

D.

Not sure on the time frame mate, be interesting to see how they handle the multiplayer with the expansions though! Do you play online much?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure on the time frame mate, be interesting to see how they handle the multiplayer with the expansions though! Do you play online much?

Never online m8 with RTS games - I'm utterly hopeless at them! I did try a fair few times with my favourite of Company of Heroes but consistently got my arse handed to me. I'm not sure there's a skill set low enough to support my RTS ability! :)

D.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Thoroughly enjoying it has to be said. Playing all the side missions and the whole campaign on hard. Immense fun, doing some of the protoss side missions at the moment, just awesome.