ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PC Time/Date issue driving me mental.

Many.
So, Randomly (I think) my Vaio Laptop decided its date/time were wrong, security certificates having to be accepted on loads of web pages, drop box not working etc.

Time and date that appear in the corner are fine, tried re-syncing via the options, no change. Restarting, windows update, virus/spyware checks, no change.

Googled it, not having much luck with suggested stuff. Run out of ideas.

Windows 7, couple of year old Sony Vaio.

Any suggestions oh great CS?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Is the date correct in the bios?

This.

Sounds like your GMT time setting could be totally wrong - it is 8 hours behind? That's a common time misplacement if the device is made or configured in the USA.

On Vaio's - it's normally the F2 key to get into BIOS. Some have an 'Assist' button underneath that you hold in when the laptop is switched off. It automatically launches a menu after a few seconds and from there you can select 'Enter BIOS Settings'

Also, if it's not retaining any settings that you make - it could be that your CMOS battery is dud. They are normally very easy to locate with the back cover off and replacements can be bought anywhere - Asda, Halfords, Maplins, etc.

D.

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
This.

Also, if it's not retaining any settings that you make - it could be that your CMOS battery is dud. They are normally very easy to locate with the back cover off and replacements can be bought anywhere - Asda, Halfords, Maplins, etc.

D.

this.

my first thought anyways

Many.
That's what I found via some googling. I've never had an issue with accessing the Bios, expect for on this piece of s**t! Assist button brought me to a selection with safe mode etc, no bios option though. I think F2 did the same.

I will experiment when I'm home tonight.

Cheers dudes.

Esc or f2 on vaio, although setting it in Windows should set it in the bios.

If the laptop is connected to the internet it should auto update from a NTP time server

Edit: Back to the first question, if the time is correct in the corner, the certificates issue will be being caused by something else. Is the date correct too?

Download and run malware-bytes anti malware

Many.
What motherboard is it?

No idea. Its a Vaio PCG-71911M according to the sticker on the bottom.

Esc or f2 on vaio, although setting it in Windows should set it in the bios.

If the laptop is connected to the internet it should auto update from a NTP time server

Edit: Back to the first question, if the time is correct in the corner, the certificates issue will be being caused by something else. Is the date correct too?

Download and run malware-bytes anti malware

F2 got me into the Bios at last. Time & Date is correct. I confirmed (in windows) that its updating time with an online server, even manually did it.

Its not just security certifcates, Dropbox is telling me time/date is wrong, and thus not updating (which is a major issue with work stuff). I've done ani malware, spyware and virus stuff, with nothing come up as i expected.

Take it no kind of dual boot has recently been setup?

Nope, nothing changed, just started happening one day.

No idea. Its a Vaio PCG-71911M according to the sticker on the bottom.

F2 got me into the Bios at last. Time & Date is correct. I confirmed (in windows) that its updating time with an online server, even manually did it.

Its not just security certifcates, Dropbox is telling me time/date is wrong, and thus not updating (which is a major issue with work stuff). I've done ani malware, spyware and virus stuff, with nothing come up as i expected.

Nope, nothing changed, just started happening one day.

Is it only dropbox that's flagging that up? If you install teamviewer I can remote in and take a look / sort it