ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/XBone/PS4] Warframe

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still plugging away at this. :)

A couple of random screenies from the last couple of weeks. Got a couple of quests finished off recently (Octavia's Anthem - ararrrrggghhh!) and The Sacrifice.

Built my first non-standard issue archwing too - which is a bit poor given that I'm north of 980 hours into this. Haven't even touched the recent Buried Debts addition or the Profit Taker stages yet.

Still a ton of stuff to do...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've not been on it for months now. There's probably too much to do in it now!

This is the paradox! A friend and I tried to do a particular mission over the weekend and were getting nowhere. The main target simply reflecting a shower of '0' numbers every time we hit it.

One of us Alt/tabbed onto Google to read what it is we should actually be doing and a few minutes later, we were back on it.

I can imagine that to a new comer, the sheer scale of the game and options available to them is a bit bewildering. I'm currently on MR16 (Mastery Rank) - but there are many out there in MR20+ that clearly outclass (and outplay) me.

It's the fact that at its core, Warframe is a co-op game that still appeals. The best FPS player on earth wouldn't stand a chance at Level 0 against a very mediocre Level 10 player. Although you can PvP, it's not really what the game is about and hence that's why I think its still very popular. Also, in one of the recent devstreams, they were overhauling the graphics engine completely and have also revised the melee combat model in the latest update.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
@Darren S - still playing that s**te?! :p I just about started getting into it a few months ago but then stopped due to an abundance of work. I just cannot be bothered to put the time in now. Shame on me, I know.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
@Darren S - still playing that s**te?! :p I just about started getting into it a few months ago but then stopped due to an abundance of work. I just cannot be bothered to put the time in now. Shame on me, I know.
Haha! Yep - still am!

No worries - honestly, if you're on when I am and simply want a ten-minute round just shooting s**t up, I'm happy to join to you. No need to mess about with all the intricacies of the mechanics of it all. :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I have to admit - I login to Warframe daily for the reward and still play it frequently.

I wouldn't however be envious of a new player just starting out. It's bewilderingly deep and I can fully understand how off-putting it must be to casual players.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't however be envious of a new player just starting out. It's bewilderingly deep and I can fully understand how off-putting it must be to casual players.
^ This.
It's taken me near on 300 hours to 'get' it and to be able to say I'm starting to understand a very small part of it. :ROFLMAO: (y)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I have to admit - I login to Warframe daily for the reward and still play it frequently.

I started playing a while ago and quickly gave up (although I still put quite a few hours into it.. was only a few weeks of play).. now every time I go back something new has been added and I have no idea what's going on so don't bother! It's a shame it won't let me delete my character and start again from the beginning

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I started playing a while ago and quickly gave up (although I still put quite a few hours into it.. was only a few weeks of play).. now every time I go back something new has been added and I have no idea what's going on so don't bother! It's a shame it won't let me delete my character and start again from the beginning
In all fairness - I'd just pickup with the character you had and persevere. You get to a tipping point where things start to fall into place and the more you progress, the more options and connections can be made.

That's perhaps a little easy for me to say so though.... ;)

1604070891434.png

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
We farmed Wisp last night, I already had the blueprint and it only took 4 runs to get all 3 component bp's. My mate who ran it with us said it took him weeks to get all the parts 🤣.
Any of you guys on ps4 feel fee to add me: DENTY225 is my psn👍.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
We farmed Wisp last night, I already had the blueprint and it only took 4 runs to get all 3 component bp's. My mate who ran it with us said it took him weeks to get all the parts 🤣.
Any of you guys on ps4 feel fee to add me: DENTY225 is my psn👍.
You can get really lucky with drops and other times, not a hope in hell. On the void relic runs, I’ll try four or five attempts and then switch to something else. Chances are I’ll come back for that part in a week’s time and get it on my first attempt!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of a capture of a target defence mission. YT has only just processed the SD version, so it will look a bit pants.

Phat-ass Wisp is perfect for defending targets...

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still gets me just how well optimised this game is. Had another defence round last night with the other three players higher rank than I and it was total carnage.

Held out until Wave 25 and the amount of fire, explosions and enemies onscreen at once didn't slow the game down at all.

On the PC you have the option of playing with the Standard or Enhanced (beta) graphics set. The Enhanced one is what the new generation of consoles also use.

The Holy Grail might be here at some point also..... cross-platform play.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It is absolute carnage sometimes. The isolation vaults get so crazy you can't see what the hell is happening because of all the enemies and ability effects going off, I bloody love it 😂.
All that and they are reducing the footprint of the game on your hard drive too. It's amazing what they have done with the game in 7 years without selling a single copy of it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
How the hell can you play warframe on a mobile? I can't see wtf is going on on a 50" TV half the time😂.
Got to admit. That sounds like it would be on par with controlling a Space-X launch with an abacus.

However, gamepad controller integration is more mainstream these days. Playing it on an iPad and Xbox controller combo might not actually be too bad - though no substitute for K&M, imo.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still plugging away at this - more so now for the 100% completion with the Steam achievements.

I've got 9 left - 5 of which are mastery rank increases from my current 25 to the max 30. The remaining four are all doable, but the "1 million metres travelled on a K-Drive" is soul destroying. Think I've just passed the 200k marker now - only a fifth of the way into it!

Just about to achieve Rank 3 (of 5) with the Ventkids standing and have completed 18 of 22 K-Drive races

1638951012495.png

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Same, I've only played it once in the last couple of months. I couldn't be bothered with the prime farm thing they've recently done and the quests are usually just annoying.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Chatting to a mate of mine regarding the drop rates of the older kit. As I'm trying to hoover up new kit purely for the MR increases that it will give me, I've been looking at some of the old vanilla Warframes that are more or less discarded by the masses now.

Take Equinox. I bought her Prime version way back for peanuts when players realised that they had an almost universal dislike to her abilities. But I never acquired her vanilla version until buying her blueprint from the market this week.

I then had the grind - her chassis, neuroptics and systems to find. But worse with Equinox, is that she has the day and night aspects too - making it a grind for six parts instead. Cap that off with each aspect and the blueprint requirement and that makes nine parts in total - all for a very mediocre and average Warframe at best.

Turns out that I've played through approx. fifteen runs to get all her parts. Not only that, but I was two parts short on the vanilla Atlas Warframe. Played the drop location for them and got both, back to back. Literally ten minutes worth of play time.

The high demand/brand new kit is clearly only available to those willing to grind or physically pay for it if its a Prime version. But there's a boatload of old stuff in the game that seemingly is very easy to acquire - to the point that I've currently have five Warframes being built in the foundry. That was previously unheard of.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's a s**t reward too!
I've still not started the new war.
Me neither yet, though it's the only quest that I have outstanding.

Ticked off another two Steam achievements over Christmas. Managed to get to MR26 and am currently about a quarter of the way to MR27 with the help of those boosters that I got from Day 2,000. I also completed the 6 bounties in 60 minutes challenge with the help of a mate of mine, playing in co-op.

I will get those last five achievements!! :p