ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pearl Black 1.2 16V

Campus 16V
Hello ClioSport!

My name is Sam, I'm 20 years old and passed my test about this time last year. Heres my daily runner.

2014-12-08%2011.09.46_zpshqcofryi.jpg

I was never that much into cars as a kid but always loved the shape of the Clio PH2. When I passed my test I went in search of the newest reg of the older model I could find. I came across this Campus 1.2 with very low milage and couldn't help myself. I paid for the car myself so wanted something that was going to last me a good few years and not cost me a bomb in petrol and insurance. When I first got the car it was completely stock (no pictures unfortunately!) and I just wanted to make it look smarter without going over the top.. Things changed, and I need your opinions!

Here are some more pictures, all modifications so far will be listed below.

2014-12-08%2010.30.21_zpsej8vf0wr.jpg

2014-12-08%2010.31.41_zpswaehmw9t.jpg
2014-12-05%2010.26.29_zpsqslpqyti.jpg

Now I know it won't be to everyones taste but I would still like your honest opinion, here is a full list of modifications:

- 16 inch Fox Racing alloys
- New tyres all round
- K-tec Supersports recessed exhaust system
- Eibach Pro-kit suspension (currently on standard shocks)
- Light tint on boot and back quarter windows
- Cheapo universal induction kit I got from a friend
- JVC head unit
- Fli sub and amp
- Upgraded door speakers with Pioneer
- Aero wipers front and back
- Skoda fabia splitter
- Swapped my grey surround headlights for some nice new black ones
- Debadged the Renault and Campus badges
- Plastidipped front emblem
- Fitted RS grille
- Chrome indicators all round
- Phillips diamond vision in dipped and main beams
- Ice white LED sidelight, interior and number plate bulbs
- Stubby Richbrooke aerial
- Smoked lights (REGRET)

Still to come:

- Sand and respray strips, bullets and grille
- Fit fake yellow fogs
- Mod exhaust brackets with Powerflex to stop sagging
- Fit 6000k HID in main and dipped beams
- Coilovers, reccomendations?
- Fit 15MM spacers all round (have these)
- Light tints on front windows?
- Paint calipers yellow/red
- Give the drums and a good clean, they're rusting
- Replace standard back lights

What do you think? I know the back lights may look a little tacky but I'm looking to swap them for some standard red ones.

All advice and constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks! :smile:

Last edited:
  Campus 16V
The lights can be swapped out. The exhaust I want to keep though, it just needs more support. I'm working on it

Thanks for the welcome :)

Campus 16V
Forgot skirts off the to-do list, found some that fit straight onto none sport models. They should arrive shortly.

Campus 16V
Nice mate, thought I was alone here for a second! Which model Hekos are they? My windows don't shut properly when mine are in 😂

clio campus sport
Yeah they are team hekos I had the same problem my drivers window wouldnt shut so I had to modify the wind deflector by putting door edge guard along the top of the deflector thus opening the rubber seal more meaning now the window shuts nicely ! Passanger window seems fine probs because the car was never used lol I have a sportex back box on mine and I love it, lots of people hate them but each to their own :smile:

Campus 16V
@Jayms Yeah I've looked through a few project threads, yours included :smile: Very nice job with yours and thanks for the advice. Do you mean cut out the bumper? I have been thinking of doing this..

Campus 16V
@campusdan Ah I see, I might give it a go with mine but I'm not sure if I even like the look of them. Might have to stick em on eBay. I got that impression from people on this forum too but at the end of the day they are just like any other PH2, just newer and a slightly different shape..

Campus 16V
Also, 15mm 172 spacers arrived today, gonna try and get them fitted this weekend if the weathers not too bad :laughing: