ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peco Exhausts

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
I've seen one or two topics floating around about Peco exhausts, I've been looking at a cat-back peco for my 1999 Clio 1.2 (seems like the cheapest full system around)

Anyone fitted one to a 1.2? Or does anyone know a better system for the diddy engine?

Cheers
Newbington

EDIT: The system I'm looking at can be found here

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
I did look into K-tec, I think I'm getting my induction kit from them. Would you recommend them over Peco?

Also the tailpipe looks a lot nicer. As much as I'd love to stick a tunnel of a pipe on it, It's a 13 year old 1.2, I'm not trying to fool anyone.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I have a peco on my 1.2. Sounds nice, very deep. Lasted about 4 years without rust, its now 7 years old and has lots of rust, has been welded up many many times by myself. The tips are SS though so they always look nice regardless :) I was never 100% happy with mine, but i think that because I really wanted a cherry bomb or the likes of... for the price though they are brilliant.

Edit- just looked at your link, thats way over priced! i got mine for £110 from halfords and then went to a motor factors and got the straight through middle section for about £15.

1999 Clio 1.2 8V
Not sure about the straight through though, it's a 1999 which means I need some form of a cat. So what should be my maximum budget for the exhaust?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
no you misunderstand; not straight through CAT section, just a straight through middle section (mine had a middle box as well as a back box).

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
As a guide, I wouldnt be paying more than £140 for a peco non-SS exhaust with straight through center section.