ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pedal box master cylinder bore sizes

172 gravel rally
I have just fitted an AItech C-16 pedal box to my 2001 172 with 7/10 front and 3/4 rear master cylinders. I increased the pedal ratio upto 6.5:1 but I am having issues with front brake effectiveness. The pedal is averagely hard and has a travel that I'd expect but the braking just isn't good at all. Intial pedal give very little brake then the pedal gets hard and you really need to stomp on them hard to get any stopping. I feel that the cylinder size is incorrect but I'm getting conflicting information saying that the feed rate is too low and I should go up a master cylinder size and others are saying the pressure is too low and I need to go down a size.

The balance bar itself is working fine I can wind it to full front and the rears didn't even get slightly warm after several hard brakes and with it wound to the rear the rears get very hot and will lock with the fronts only getting slightly warm.

Has anyone fitted a pedal box and if so what master cylinders did you fit and what pedal ratio did you use?