ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People trying to prove their car is faster than yours?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
what does my head in as i really couldn't give a s**t is when some one says... a reccon its as quick as your cup or a reccon its got the same power as your cup like i care.. its only due to it making decent power as standard but don't care if you've got more or less power than me

it annoys me more when people dont know what a cup is so they call errything a cup lol.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Thread name... "People trying to prove their car is faster than yours?"

I think it's more a fact that people live with less patience than you. That's all. Somedays I'm at warp factor 0.5, some at 4, some at 9. Meh - Stop thinking everyone is out to beast the 200 - they aint.

it annoys me more when people dont know what a cup is so they call errything a cup lol.
very true some one put a ph1 up on french north east the other week for sale and put 172cup so i asked if he was actually been serious.. it then got removed and was on ebay last week saying cup again lol.. even my missus can tell what model a clio is lol and she can spot RB from a mile off

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...

Nailed on...

cup1.jpg

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I doubt they care that you have a Clio.

They just want to get past thats all.

I never get this in my 182, maybe my ear bleeding exhaust scares them off.

I used to get this every single day in the 200. Middle aged men in their Audis/BMW/VW's etc all getting right up my arse. Used to do my head in. Testing the Brembos usually gave them a hint though ;).

I've never had this in any of my 172's though (apart from the little chavvys in their 1.2's). I actually had a guy in a 12 plate 1.2 Corsa trying to get me to race him the other night LOL. No Deal son, No Deal.

BG 182 FF
It's just your own perception because you now have a fast car. No one actually gives a s**t what you're driving. Some people just drive like c**ts, and will be all over you regardless of what you're in.

I've been driving for over 20 years, so I'm old

EFA :p

I agree to an extent though. Older drivers really don't care what you're in they just want to get where they're going recklessly quickly. Younger drivers WILL be more likely to have a go with you if they see a 'Sport' badge or twin tail pipes. I knew I became more of a ball bag when I saw something sporty when I was younger.

BG 182 FF
I used to get this every single day in the 200. Middle aged men in their Audis/BMW/VW's etc all getting right up my arse. Used to do my head in. Testing the Brembos usually gave them a hint though ;).

I've never had this in any of my 172's though (apart from the little chavvys in their 1.2's). I actually had a guy in a 12 plate 1.2 Corsa trying to get me to race him the other night LOL. No Deal son, No Deal.

Solution: Hold finger up to suggest 'Just a second'. Promptly turn car the wrong direction, engage reverse. This may give him some kind of chance.

Clio RS200
I get it all the time. A lot seems to be Civic Type R's. I'm young (29) and have to defend my man-ly-ness :) Actually get a lot of conversation out of them after saying "didn't expect that" Haven't had a pillock yet though.

This one ^ (someday)
although i got a mk4 r32 replica (very poor rep) up my arse the other day and could not resist putting the douche in his place. having tyres screaming around a 90 degree bend to catch up to me on a slip road is ridiculous.

I like putting people in s**t cars in their place, i particularly like going 'bmw hunting'. It's my new sport. What you do is go along as normal until a 118d (or similar) comes flying up behind you. Then the real fun starts...

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I like putting people in s**t cars in their place, i particularly like going 'bmw hunting'. It's my new sport. What you do is go along as normal until a 118d (or similar) comes flying up behind you. Then the real fun starts...

My 320 diesel estate would have you every day!

Then watch it disappear in the distance? ;)

Arctic Clio 182 FF
I got a lot of that when I owned my Megane DCi. Poeple racing me and tailing me...just idiots.

I dont spend so much time on the motorway however, there are people that, I guess, do drive a lot for a living, commute up and down motorways, who probably have young families- and seem to drive like they're invincible...if their families could see them.... typically they're in Audi's. And I do not generalise. I kid you not.

In traffic controlled motorway stretches it seems they're are a lot of people in a hurry when im doing the speed limit.

PS My 182 gets whipped by anything turbo diesel. I had a V6TDI Touareg tailing me the other day, i casually passed him on my way to work and then he speeded up as we approached a sharp bend on a dual carriageway, up hill, and sat on my bumper! I tried to hurry up out of his way but he just tailed me, i was actually quite scared as if i came off the road he'd have crushed me.

PPS Best way to rid a bumper tailer, is indicate, slow a biut then cancel your signal, then repeat.

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I get it all the time. A lot seems to be Civic Type R's. I'm young (29) and have to defend my man-ly-ness :) Actually get a lot of conversation out of them after saying "didn't expect that" Haven't had a pillock yet though.

i used to get CTRs trying to race me allll the time... when i had my 1.4 lol.

dont get it now with the r27

lol!

i particularly like when you're overtaking and they come flying up your arse... so you move over after you overtake and nail it so they drop in behind you

TTRS, 172 Cup track
clio sports arent made for straight line duelling! They are for having cheap fun in the twisties, without having to do license loosing speeds!

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member

So how is it you know it's a 118d behind you and not a 130i?

Clio 172
Love the generalisation of 'all middle aged men in derv's tailgate'. I drive one every day and like Mr Munson I have been driving for 20 years+. There are alot of penis's on the road thats a fact but young/old/male/female there are alot of bad drivers. I don't care what car people drive there is no stereotype bad driver if you exclude white van man there are idiots in every make of car. I get a different reaction in the clio (rear bumper may be the reason) then I do in the company wagon but people still cut you up, do the three lane overtaking move for no reason, slam brakes on, swerve lanes and generally drive like idiots. What do I do...generally ignore them. The Clio is pretty quick as is the company wagon, if they persist then I'll just put my foot down and leave them to have an argument in their own mind with someone else. Some people are just naturally angry once they get in a car, f**k knows what it is just let them be and go and find someone else to annoy/have a crash with.

Clio 172 Cup
Had a Citroen Xsara Picasso people carrier come flying up my rear bumper. I was cruising at 60mph just off shopping with the GF in Lincoln. Anyway the Xsara behind kept accelerating up right behind me, looked a middle aged man with some family in the car by the look of it.

Up came a twisty section with a few corners. I carried on doing 60mph and cornered with ease. Looked in my rear mirror to see if the Xsara Picasso was still right up my rear bumper....yet to see him understeer right off onto the other side of the road with some tyre smoke. Luckily no one was coming the other way but I just thought what a p-rick

This one ^ (someday)
My 320 diesel estate would have you every day!

I forgot to mention I only do this when driving my dads Scirocco R, which seems to be quicker than most things.

The sport is more based around being annoying rather than simply out-running :race:

lol!

i particularly like when you're overtaking and they come flying up your arse... so you move over after you overtake and nail it so they drop in behind you

Yes, you are unwittingly partaking in 'BMW hunting'!

118 and 116 are diabolically slow I have found, I have left them in my 1.5 DCI, the young lads who drive 316's and 318's are the best they go run thinking they are the dogs because they have a BM and go on as though it is a m3 and you can still pull on them, at the end of the day they are just compensating

Since getting my audi I've found that people do this far less frequently than my old 172, which is a shame as I do now have the straight line power I lacked before!