ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

People with wall mounted LCD/Plasma

i got a DVD player at 9.15 and there were loads left at my local.. didnt see the tv's. didnt really look round aldi

its the first time ive ever been in there. just walked in, picked up dvd, paid and walked out. lol

how do you spot dead pixels?

oh and some advice dont look for dead pixels if you cant see them thats all you need if you look for them and find some you will always see them and they will piss you off every time you look at the tv

McBunny said:
oh and some advice dont look for dead pixels if you cant see them thats all you need if you look for them and find some you will always see them and they will piss you off every time you look at the tv

good thinking batman :)

whats better to connect my laptop to tv.. through VGA or get a cable to connect it through HDMI ?

only have my laptop.

im sure VGA will be fine

plenty of people run their xbox 360's through vga??

it will have to do anyway.. lol

VaVa
Well I got a DVD player. I'm sure it's not going to set the world on fire, but you get a HDMI cable with it, and for £40 it's no real loss if it's shite.

They'd got loads in my local Aldi (Lichfield) but couldn't see the TV's anywhere. I also bought a dvd player for the spare room for £10 from aldi. Free scart cable too. LOL!

im using a profigold hdmi cable that cost nearly as much as the player.lol

will see what the player is like tomorrow.

but for £40.. cant ask for miracles

Guy said:
only have my laptop.

im sure VGA will be fine

plenty of people run their xbox 360's through vga??

it will have to do anyway.. lol

yeah but xbox works differently

it will be ok just not widescreen

Revels Mum & Sister
I have a component and VGA cable for the Xbox and I alternate between the two depending on what I feel like and if I am using the HD projector or LCD.

VGA IMO is sharper but colours dont seem so vibrant even with major tweaking. VGA is good though

mcbunny.. my laptop display is widescreen tho?

1280x800

see what you mean tho.. 1280 x 800 is not a true 16:9

guy yes your laptop is it will produce almost any resolution your laptops screen has a native resolution of 1280x800
the tv wont accept widescreen resolutions over the vga cable but it will over hdmi and has a native resolution of 1366x768 iirc

hooked my aldi dvd up to my norm CRT portable tv via scart

plays divx's fine, plays the copies i have fine

cocky dog :)

we had one expensive toshiba that we got with our package and it wouldnt play anything but genuine discs

then we got a diff toshiba it would play certain copies

cheap players play everything.

and this does divx's too which is quite handy.