ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Peoples thoughts on AP racing 4 pots???

172 cup
Are these any good for track use? :S

Where can i get them from, im struggling to find any decent sites with prices? :rolleyes:

Or what else is any good???? :quiet:

Cheers

Nippy white cup
Awesome brakes but if you are in a stripped 2ltr then as Fred says it might be a bit ott...decent fluid, braided hoses and some pf or Pagid blues should do you fine imo

Chris

172 cup
Awesome brakes but if you are in a stripped 2ltr then as Fred says it might be a bit ott...decent fluid, braided hoses and some pf or Pagid blues should do you fine imo

Chris

True, may be overkill, but we'll see.

How much should I expect to pay for a front set?

In between cars....
Are there no other brakes in the renault range that are a good upgrade for the clio? Maybe a cheaper option?

Would a megane sport set up fit?

172 cup
Brembos do have a very good reputation though.
TBH I hadnt heard of AP racing before i got into the track day scene.

megan R26.R number 006
Brembos do have a very good reputation though.
TBH I hadnt heard of AP racing before i got into the track day scene.

ap racing is the brakes that you get if you are racing they cost quite a bit so most road cars have brembo's as they are cheeper

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
D4ve on here has a set on his clio.

Your looking at around £1400 all in, then replacement discs are £120 each.

Have no doubt that there an awsome setup but 4x the cost of brembo HC discs, that's made even me seriously think wether I really need them or not ;)

Current setup is pretty good (yozzasport upgrade)

Turbos.
Depends how much track use you want out of them. APs will last and you get good support. If you do the occasional track day and are ok with a more pikey brand, go with Hi Spec or Wilwood.

If you're ok with custom, then Alcon do mono bloc calipers cheaper than AP.