ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance Increase

Mental 172 Cup
Exhaust with decat, Matched inlets and a decent air intake will make the car 1000% more driveable. It made loads of difference on my 182 and on my 172 Cup. Most important is handling and brakes IMO as without these its pointless having any sort of extra power.

Personal opinion and past experience but all Clio engines are different. I went from having a s**t slow 182 which could only just pull past a 1.7 Puma Engine Fiesta to now having a 172 Cup that will give my mates Stage 2 Meg a Run for its money, im not saying I keep with him all the way but he doesnt lose me that much.

Another good example was 2 of my mates had a 182 and a 182 trophy, 182 had matched inlets and a 45 degree air intake with a cone filter and a yozza with decat, red trophy had itbs, standalone management, aftermarket exhaust with decat, both were fully stripped and the 182 kept with the trophy till 110+.

So it really does depends.

Audi A3
FWD driving tuition and better brakes/suspension

Won't help straight line speed but that's what Id do. Or as someone said sell yours and buy one wloading work done for a similar price

182 Turbo
Thankyou guys for the input on this thread. Lots of informative comments made so I know what I need to do now. And I am also going to look into some advanced driving lessons also as I'd love to learn how to heel and toe and double clutching and stuff.

I've been down the tuning route before.... cams, inlets, filter, decat, custom map... worth the 2k+? Hell no... It was IMO noticably quicker than beforehand when rung out, no difference in normal driving, but still didn't feel I had value for money :(

At the end of the day some well sorted suspension will allow you to carry more speed and get power down sooner which is worth more than a couple of BHP on a dyno.

Having just got another RS, the only performance mods i'll be doing is a decat & remap, Highly recommend a remap from RS tuning in leeds. The rest will be for some carbon trinkets and coilovers. At the end of the day with such parts you can near enough claim your money back on re-sale if you ever want a change

Thankyou guys for the input on this thread. Lots of informative comments made so I know what I need to do now. And I am also going to look into some advanced driving lessons also as I'd love to learn how to heel and toe and double clutching and stuff.

Wouldn't bother with double clutching IMO F&F line to look good. Heel and toeing is easy to master with a lil practice, theres loads of demo vids on youtube and the like.

My fav two tips for advanced driving are try keep a light grip on the wheel and to look as far down the road as you can see