ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Performance mods for 172

Hi Peoples,

Im just after peoples advice really on performance upgrades on my 2002 172. Ive got 3 Big areas that I wanna mod on my car and they follow:-

1. Alloys (18"s - this month)
2. ICE install (Summer maybe)
3. Performance/Engine Mods (Whenever)

Performance mods wise is what I need advice on. Im thinking along the lines of K-Tec De-Cat & Hidden Exhuast, then maybe Hill Power Induction Kit/Re-map??

What do you guys think? How much BHP will my car be running at around 190BHP? Or what will I have to do to get my car around that mark? What BHP are other people running on here with modded 172s?

Thanks

N8

18s wont do your performance any good !! now will a heavy ICE install !! BTW i can make you a bespoke fibreglass ICE install if u like ?? CS discount ;) !! doubt youll see 190 BHP from those mods !!

I know the 18"s wont be it will look sick though. I was just wondering what BHP I would get out of those goods, but Im sorted on the ICE anyway, thanks for your advice Craig.

N8

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Well after taking my car to the 1/4 mile strip once I am now all about engine/performance mods LOL so I too am interested in what people have found to be the best mods for the 172 engine.

Looking more and more into NOS the more I think hmm I would rather not do that, from simple things like possibly having to drill the boot to fit the nos bottle holders to the complications of possibly running the engine lean or too rich. :confused:

Dont do nos... cant think of a good reason, it cant be good for the engine. id go supercharger every time, smoother acc, no sudden boost to mess with traction.

just need 3 grand.

BB Turbo 172 conversion!

18s will kill your performance and handling and wont look all that tbh. Be a waste of money IMHO.

Decat every time. 1/4 mile from 15.2 to 14.6 with only a decat pipe seperating the runs. By far and away the best value modification you can get.

Quote: Originally posted by absentmat on 07 April 2004

Dont do nos... cant think of a good reason, it cant be good for the engine. id go supercharger every time, smoother acc, no sudden boost to mess with traction.

just need 3 grand.
N2O (Remember nos is a sh*tty brand lol) is safe as houses as long as its setup correctly, no worries or problems

Quote: Originally posted by Pete_172 on 07 April 2004

BB Turbo 172 conversion!

18s will kill your performance and handling and wont look all that tbh. Be a waste of money IMHO.

Itll look better than yours though Pete, they wont kill my performance only handling. Might as well be different, no other nice 172s in Bristol, only mine.