ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

personalised number plate

GR7

Shiny red R32

Rich, is your present plate a personalised number?

If not, and it is the number which was originally issued to your car, the number is held by the DVLA until such time as you sell the car, when it goes back on. It is never used on any other car, so hang on to your number plates as they could go back on if you sell the car sometime.

If your present plate is a personalised number, then as someone else said, it would have to be put on to a retention certificate at a cost of £25 per year.

GR-No, my current plate is not a personalised one, its just the one issued with the car.

The thing is my new number plate will say C110 RC (CLIO RC) which will be no use to me if I get a different car, usless its another clio. So Ill probably just let DVLA have my old one and I sell my personalised one with my car when I sell it.

Do you think thats a good idea or should I still ask to keep my old plate anyway?

Cheers
Rich

GR-Ive just read what you wrote again.
Do you mean the DVLA dont give my old plate to anyone else and I dontt have to pay them for not giving it away?
And your saying I should keep my old plates so I can screw them back on when I sell it?

S1MON Sold for £59,000 in 1999 and
S11MON for £17,200 in 2000.

If youve got an unusual first name or surname then its often cheaper cause they dont pick up on them.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/captainslarty/red1.jpg

£399 form dvla..

you have to think of it as a mod

think about it..

all that nice colur coding etc.. and law sez u must stick a bloody gurt ugly piece of lettered plastic on it.. in white and bloody yellow.. of all colours !.

so, when it dont look like the norm it is different and personal.

mine is pretty obvious, but even if not.. it dont matter.. iften symetry of spacing can improve the whole aestehic.

J.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Rich, your original number will not be used on another car, if you sell your car in the future with its personalised plate, the original number will still be held unused at the DVLA (so they told me a while ago when I was changing my number).

If your number is interesting, it might be more profitable for you to sell it separately and put your original number back on your car, especially if a dealer buys it!

If in the future you buy another Clio, you will probably want to transfer your personal number to your new car, then your present car will be re-allocated the original number.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Captain, couldnt you get the number CAP7N and put a black nut between the 7 and the N (CAP7N)!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Capt - is there a setting on Photoshop that will make my car look as clean as yours plse? How long did it take you to get it looking like that? And is that the same one thats in bits now??

j, you should see the stick Im getting for my plate..... C11O VS.... going on the V6 Im Building....yours looks lovurley....
Need to speak about the Laguna wheels.
Paul

TT 225

Awww, w111ams would be a well good plate. But wouldnt be allowed to put it on the car cos it would make the vehicle seem younger than it actually is and thats illegal

There are loads on the DVLA site for CUP. I can imagine these will be pretty quickly snapped up as are only 250. Im well chuffed with my private plate and agree with Capn in that its a modification. Those not in know about Clios will also know its a CUP rather than a standard 172.

Now Im confused!
Im stuck between...

C11O RC (CLIO RC) R.C being my initials

or

C20RKE (CLARKE) Clarke being my surname

Whats best???

Both £399

The first one would only look good on a clio and the 2nd would last forever, but is it clear that its mean to say CLARKE?

Opinions please guys

Thanks in advance!

Rich

They are both good, if you are going to push the letters together for C20RKE then I would go for that, will last you forever then and it should be fairly obvious if pushed together.

You would have to get rid of C11O RC when you sell the car so it may be a waste IMHO.

Thats what I think, and I really like C20RKE, but some people in the office were saying it looks more like CLORKE. What do you think???

C18RKE would be awesome but that has gone. I reckon C20RKE would be good. There is aguy driving around with W5YNE, it is so obvious that his name is WAYNE even tho the plate does not spell that.

You may wish to try the other way, how about:

RICH C (All £250)

R15CHC
R13CHC
R16CHC
R18CHC

As Daipac said, its really like W5YNE, it does not look quite right but when you read it you know its supposed to say RICH C. Also you may consider (if you dont mind spelling your surname phonetically) the following:

K13RKE
K15RKE
K16RKE
K19RKE

Again its preference but there are some more alternatives.

I think I may start charging for a naming service

Keith

Heres another, you might have to imagine this one

R70 HCL
Move the H over to the left

R70H CL, Sraighten up the 7 and put a bolt on the 0 ... hey presto

RICH CL..."align=absmiddle> Well it was worth a try, oh by the way it was £250 as well.

They havent got C24RKE or C14RKE.
Im Worried C20RKE looks too much like corke or clorke.

Im not too sure about the RICH examples, but thanks a lot for your suggestions Keitho.

Im thinking of getting C11O RC more now, but still not 100%.

Ha Ha ! Started off a craze here !

I am still stuck on R5 DRL, it is perfect for me and at only £250 but I had my Credit Card bill through this mornind and YIKES ! What to do, What to do !?!?!?!?

Yeah, that is good but my credit card is only 1.9% so it is cheaper, I just swap the cards over when the offer runs out, simple.

Ive been doing that too, Im using egg at the moment 0% interest for the first 6 months, got about 3 months left. What other companies are good?

Thanks

Daipac, yours is only £250, thats probably less than a weeks work and you can spend years admiring what you worked 1 week of your life for.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Remember that there is only ONE of each number and if you dont go for your favourite Daipac, someone else will!

Daipac,

I have some bad news.... I just bought R5 DRL and its now going to cost you £500 if you want it..

Only kidding go on you know you want it, you may not be so lucky.

Keith