ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Blue

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Just doing a bit of light reading from the official Renault brochure and noticed F94 Paddock Green as a special paint colour on the 182.

No reference to Petrol Blue. So is the latter just made up or is the brochure wrong?

B5EB3F94-1C6C-4673-813F-F1ED3C38B8D0.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If that's a pic of petrol blue in the brochure it's no wonder nobody bought it.
"so what does this paddock green look like?"
"Well it's blue but in certain light it looks sort of greeny yellowy."
"err OK, I'll have a black one then".

2014 Clio 200t edc
Wasn’t paddock green the earlier colour used in the 172 exclusive and the Megane? Maybe they tweaked the colour and called it petrol blue instead

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
Renault decided last minute to rename it from paddock green to petrol blue, that's why if you put a 182 petrol blue into any DVLA database it will come up as green.

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
If that's a pic of petrol blue in the brochure it's no wonder nobody bought it.
"so what does this paddock green look like?"
"Well it's blue but in certain light it looks sort of greeny yellowy."
"err OK, I'll have a black one then".
Exactly my thoughts! 🤣

"How can we describe this colour"
"Get the liquid yellow picture and make it dark!"
"Great idea"

2014 Clio 200t edc
Just doing a bit of light reading from the official Renault brochure and noticed F94 Paddock Green as a special paint colour on the 182.

No reference to Petrol Blue. So is the latter just made up or is the brochure wrong?

View attachment 1634838
On that note, that brochure shows arctic blue as a metallic pearlescent illusion paint too, just like the id paint colours? Thought arctic was just metallic, not pearl.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
On that note, that brochure shows arctic blue as a metallic pearlescent illusion paint too, just like the id paint colours? Thought arctic was just metallic, not pearl.
It says the same for black gold too. That's an extra £2k on the value of my car then 😂.

Clio mk2 1.2
I’m pretty colourblind so that paddock green looks like a vegan grade black gold.

I’m not so colourblind that I can’t see the scarab green on the ph1 172 exclusives was gorgeous. I would absolutely pay to see a phase 2 in that colour.

• Haha
Reactions: HAP

HAP

ClioSport Club Member
  Petrol blue 182
I’m pretty colourblind so that paddock green looks like a vegan grade black gold.

I’m not so colourblind that I can’t see the scarab green on the ph1 172 exclusives was gorgeous. I would absolutely pay to see a phase 2 in that colour.
On the brochure it looks like a mess but it looks alright in real life.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
That’s the one that went cheap and was noted around FB wit various people trying to make a quick buck. Last I saw of it someone ad resprayed it. I can’t comment on the job, but from photos it looked ok.

Reactions: HAP

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
Not dead at all buddy very much still alive and going very well... bought the car back last May roughly and based down in South Wales now we are 🤙
Good to see it's alive and looking good, thought the guy who resprayed it did a good job when he posted about it in here despite all the talk of it being a b**ch of a colour to paint.
New lower grille and maybe fogs too and that'll look mint.

2003 clio 1.2 16v
ye to be fair to the lad who painted it he has done a decent job few little spots that I want to get redone but if I didn't point them out you wouldn't notice them really .. and for the grill i been meaning to do it for ages just haven't done it haha
Good to see it's alive and looking good, thought the guy who resprayed it did a good job when he posted about it in here despite all the talk of it being a b**ch of a colour to paint.
New lower grille and maybe fogs too and that'll look mint.

german
Was thinking about it this weekend, drove it to Le Mans in 2006. Great road trip, apart from when someone shat on the headlight.