ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Cap! :(

Megane Cabriolet D+
About a week or so ago some nice person decided that they wanted to steal the petrol out of my car when it was parked outside my house.

Not only have they broken off the top half of my petrol cap off they have scratched the lip of the recess where the cap is, i never noticed it until i finished work and a friend pointed it out to me, so i called the police and they were less than helpful and just gave me a crime number for me to use if i wanted to claim it against my insurance.

So im wondering if i can get another petrol cap that will use the same key as mine, or can the barrell be taken out of mine and put into another cap if i buy one.

To touch up where they have scratched the paint, will i have to have the whole panel painted again or will they be able to touch it up, with it bieng on such an awquard place thats all.

I will go out and take pictures to show what i mean.

Really not impressed by it and i can gather that if i do it through my insurance it will probably not cost me my excess and a higher premium next year....

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Megane Cabriolet D+
Really? nice1

Will go down to the wreckers n see if i can get hold of one then, as for the touch up i dont know what to do. dont think insurance is gonna be the best way.

Ive took pictures but they dont show the paintwork that well.

Was well p****d when i noticed it, ive had my old car parked outside my house for over 2 years and never tried it on that one, plus my old car didnt have a locking petrol cap too.

Megane Cabriolet D+
100_0845.gif

100_0849.gif

80MPG BEEZA
i have a paintball gun you could lend 30 bps you could fire it in the air and let off some steam