ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Petrol Consumption on a Valver

Renault Clio 16v
I use my valver for short journeys and the car is hardly cained but I have noticed that from £33 of fuel I have got 225 miles out of my car!

I had my first valver when they were only 2 years old and I remember getting 200 miles out of £20! hence why I'm writing this thread!

How do other peoples valvers fair up to my figures and do I have a problem?

Andy

S2000
I take it you have taken into account the fact petrol prices have gone up a lot since then?

I'm not sure about valver MPG tbh but you are getting about the same as I get in my 1.4RT and I know I have got some sort of problem with my RT as I am only getting 70miles from £10 which is less than I used to.

16v Phase 1
I'm getting about 250 to a full tank (about £30 ish), and my 16v is pretty much trashed everywhere. I find i get a little more MPG from Optimax than normal 95 RON (which kind of counters the additional expence), but it's pretty consistent about 30mpg...which is pretty good i think. The short journeys probably don't help due to the enrichment from cold start..

£30 for a full tank?? I wish - mine's about £45 from light to brim. :S

I can get about 300 miles out of that, so about £15 for 100 miles.

320d
I'd say a full tank is approx £40 for normal unleaded

Best i've got is 365 miles out a tank thats at steady 60-65 motorways speeds

Round town about 260 with the gauge showing 1/4 tank remaining